Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old home site finds today....

fwcrawford

I got out with a couple of my buddies and we searched a new site today.
We found 3 military buttons.. 1 Infantry button, 1 script Artillery button, and one cast one piece Artillery button.
I believe the cast button pre-dates the civil war,but the other two are civil war era.
I also found both halves to an old powder flask, and a barrel spout..never seen one of these before.
My buddy found a buckle that looks like it may have been on a rifle sling...could use some help here, and a trigger guard.
My other buddy found part of a spur and another piece we can't ID.. it is pictured with the spur on the right hand side and is made of brass.. any ideas????
Thanks for looking,
Felix

Superb finds and nice buttons ! :thumbup: way to go. cch

From what I remember, it did look like something was attached to
each side.. matter of fact,it does look like part of a sturrup.

Thanks for the invite Felix and also for the stirrup ID. Here's a cleaned up pic of the button, it's a beauty.