Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old homesites/Nox 900

KSDfisher77

Guys & gals I recently acquired a Nox 900 & I mainly like to hunt long forgotten home sites.

My question is: Should a guy be running the Nox 900 in a single frequency because of all the iron on these sites? I know the Nox 900 seems to run alot quieter=more stable in a single frequency.

I know there probably isn't a ton of coins, but I feel I'm doing something wrong or at least not getting the best performance from the Nox 900 that could be had.

Maybe when I run in SMF at these sites, I need to reduce my sensitivity? Any of you professionals got any pointers? Thanks.

I'm currently hunting a fairly small city park that once was a trailer court. Pretty trashy spot with a good bit of iron, rusty nails, screws, nuts and bolts, and so on. I run multi frequency and have settled on a sensitivity setting of 22. Although, I can run sensitivity higher. 22 just seems to be the best for un-masking at this spot. Except for spots where I know extreme depth is needed and run 4/5 frequency, I run in multi frequency. And I am using the Nox 900 HH jim tn

I'm currently hunting a fairly small city park that once was a trailer court. Pretty trashy spot with a good bit of iron, rusty nails, screws, nuts and bolts, and so on. I run multi frequency and have settled on a sensitivity setting of 22. Although, I can run sensitivity higher. 22 just seems to be the best for un-masking at this spot. Except for spots where I know extreme depth is needed and run 4/5 frequency, I run in multi frequency. And I am using the Nox 900 HH jim tn
Yeah maybe I'm expecting too much to at some of these old home sites. The Nox 900 seems to be a coin hound in my area school yard & in private yard permissions.

I'm running multi freq & at 18-22 on sensitivity depending on EMI in city parks & permissions & I always seem to do real good. It seems real good at unmasking to in these areas on a recovery 5 & FE of 4.

I take the Nox 900 to some old homesites & it seems to lack performance. But I contribute some of that performance lose due to dry dirt. I might just be getting ahead of myself from the limited old homesite use as well as limited swing time. I might be better going to single frequency as well, due to all the nails & alot of these structures were torched years ago.

I don't have real bad dirt but multi frequency just seems to work better for me then a single frequency. I've been the single frequency route for almost 50 years. Good luck! HH jim tn

The old house sites I have detected way back in the woods did not give up much in the way of coins for me.
If you are finding anything related to the site, then you are probably doing OK as far as adjustments.
One thing I like about the Equinox in multi frequency is no need to find clear ground to ground balance which can be difficult at these sites.
Also remember these sites can hold good finds besides coins too…. Have to almost dig all signals as you never know what might be there.

The old house sites I have detected way back in the woods did not give up much in the way of coins for me.
If you are finding anything related to the site, then you are probably doing OK as far as adjustments.
One thing I like about the Equinox in multi frequency is no need to find clear ground to ground balance which can be difficult at these sites.
Also remember these sites can hold good finds besides coins too…. Have to almost dig all signals as you never know what might be there.
Yes when I'm on the old homesites everything gets dug, except some iron. I got a couple sites that just seems to test my patience. I think I just need more swing time. Thanks.