Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

old hood ornament today

jld66

on my way down to do some more cleaning on a site ive been going to for awhile. i decided to detect down one side of the old dirt road on the way. on the other side on my way back, i found this. hood ornament off a mid 50's ford customline car. was about 3 inches down. im starting to use the pinpoint button more now and i tell ya. thought i blew the speaker on my vaquero when i pressed it. beside a bit of pitting on the wings next to the body, its in real good shape. heavy too. back in the days when stuff was made rugged. thinking about putting it on my jeep. haha. surprised the hex outta me and my gal.was thinking about taking a friend there to detect with me. im keeping this place all to myself. close by where i found a 1857 half dime. well, also a ton of junk too.

thats a cool find, you just never know whats going to come up , road sides can get interesting. just think how many people put things on top of cars and then got going and when they went around a corner off it went into the ditch , or did they stop to fix the car and all the change fell out of the back pocket on the side of the road , or they put their hand out the window wile going fast and the ring got blown off the finger who knows

well, kaolinwasher. the only things that have been down there for a long time are 4wheelers and snowmobiles. the entrance is blocked off with big rocks. i wish i could get my jeep in there. save a lot of walking. the area is owned by a paper company. lots of guys use the trail to get to the river to fly fish. and all the casings ive got, people shoot down in there too. hope no one else gets in there with a detector. ive got a lot of time in two spots in there.

you need a quad or something, sounds like a cool spot

Your comment on how loud the speaker went when you pushed the pin point button is why I hunt in non trashy areas with pin point button pressed, which is AM / all metal.
50's hood ornament is a good find for sure and a big target.
Love the Vaquero.

Minas man