Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

old house, not one silver.

jld66

the old house ive been working on has not been good. beside a 44 henning counterfeit nickel last weekend and this 68 finland one penni today, nothing but clad. all late 60's coins and not one silver. ran a more than usual neg. GB today and i tell ya it really hit these coins well in the trash. i balanced it in all metal until when i pumped the coil down there was no sound. where the manual and videos say to adjust it higher. i know when you switch into disc, it ends up a little more pos. so i do adjust it a bit more neg. anyhow, i really went neg. today for a laugh. it worked out well. or, i just have not been enough neg. all this time. im gonna try it for a while, see what happens. the 68 finland one penni is in awesome shape with a neat design on it.

Nice camera.:thumbup:

tabman

tabman said:
Nice camera.:thumbup:

tabman
thanks tabs. hell i see a 74 penny now when i enlarged image. wow dont know why its like that. did not know what you meant till i "clicked image to view full size" wow!

Jid I had two houses like that one was from the 1890,s and the other from the 40,s I figured I had it in the bag , and no silver , then on this old 1879 farm foundation I have found wheats and Idians, but not one silver , but way out in the farm field I found three nice silver quarters all about 800 ft apart one was a 1905 barber one a 1926 and a canada 1948 strange

kaolinwasher said:
Jid I had two houses like that one was from the 1890,s and the other from the 40,s I figured I had it in the bag , and no silver , then on this old 1879 farm foundation I have found wheats and Idians, but not one silver , but way out in the farm field I found three nice silver quarters all about 800 ft apart one was a 1905 barber one a 1926 and a canada 1948 strange
yes it is strange. the very first hit i got there was a wheat penny. guess i got too excited. there is another old house right down the road from that one that is up for sale. does not seem anyone living there. thinking about contacting the realitor and try to get the o.k. on that one. ive only got 3-1/2 to 4 more months left. then its done till at least march up here in maine.

Thats the exiting part of detecting , you just never know when you may find a spot that is loaded. and being in maine you could even find some viking coins,

The house I live in was built around 1900. To date the three oldest coins I have found were an 1864 IH penny, a 1919 and 1934 wheat pennies. No silver coins, the only silver I have found is a (.925) necklace charm. It is possible that there is silver somewhere in the yard and I have not gotten a coil over it, however I think it might be possible that the area, back in the day, was not that prosperous. I seem to see the same thing at a couple of turn of the century farms I hunt. I suppose it could be that at some time in the past, and maybe on more than one occasion, that there has been "fill" dirt brought in to level off the yard, reseed grass, etc.............which may make the silver too deep for my detectors............Just a thought.............

Jeff

jazzman58 said:
The house I live in was built around 1900. To date the three oldest coins I have found were an 1864 IH penny, a 1919 and 1934 wheat pennies. No silver coins, the only silver I have found is a (.925) necklace charm. It is possible that there is silver somewhere in the yard and I have not gotten a coil over it, however I think it might be possible that the area, back in the day, was not that prosperous. I seem to see the same thing at a couple of turn of the century farms I hunt. I suppose it could be that at some time in the past, and maybe on more than one occasion, that there has been "fill" dirt brought in to level off the yard, reseed grass, etc.............which may make the silver too deep for my detectors............Just a thought.............

Jeff
thanks, im going back one more time though. haha

Is it possible to cherry pick and skim off the silver leaving virtually everything else? Worked an 1830's house, figure the dug basement is on top of the really good stuff...Which way is negative when ground balancing A Vaquero?