Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old House Tare Down...

Blind Squirrel

Howdy--

My friend Kenneth and I had hunted the front yard and the back yard of an old vacant house off and on for a few years. We had permission from the owner. A couple days ago we passed by the house and noticed that it had been torn down and the lot had been cleared. Great! The lot was in the oldest part of town where we had, in the past, made some good finds. We hunted for about an hour and a half in the 107 degree heat and when we took a break to show each other our finds and have an ice cold drink a lady came up behind us and told us that it was private property. I politely informed her that we had permission to detect the site from the owner. Well, she said that the owner had passed away and the new owner didn't want any one on the property. We talked for a while about detecting and the previous owner and Kenneth gave her a bible and one of his cards and we left. Hopefully we can get back to that site when the new owner gets back in town. Here are some of my finds from that site: 1941 Merc, 1945-D Merc, 1957-D Roosevelt, an American Bank of Commerce 10 year Anniversary medal, an Oldsmobile emblem, an International radiator cap emblem, an unidentified pendant and a clasped hands charm that is similar to the clasped hands of the Mormon gold coins of 1849. Of course I also dug a few wheat cents - the oldest a 1918. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel