Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old IDX pro vs the New Coinmaster GT

Fishnmaine

Old IDX pro vs the New Coinmaster GT.......What would be the most prefered by users......

I would prefer the IDX Pro after performing the Mr Bill's mod on it because it would then have an audible threshold. Otherwise, I think the Coinmaster has the edge due mainly to much lower weight.

I have a Mr.Bill modified IDX, an unmodified IDX and a Coin GT. Out of the three the one I grab most is the Coin GT.

Picking up clad and jewelry at parks and schools the GT. Picking out old coins and jewelry at iron and nail infested home sites and ghost towns the IDX Pro.

The better outfitted guy or gal would maybe have one of each, depending upon what type of hunting they prefer to do, and the types of sites and/or amount of, and type of, trash they would deal with.

If I were hunting an urban setting such as a large, open park or sports field or even a well maintained private yard, all sites that might not have an abundance of trash, I'd likely use the Coin GT w/stock 9" coil.

If I were picking on a wood-chip or sand-filled playground with a lot of targets and many metal poles and structures to deal with, or a building tear-down site, renovation work, or heading out of town to an old-use site like a stage stop, pioneer encampment, ghost town, mining, logging or railroad camp, homestead, or any other place that might have a lot of trash (especially iron nails) and/or brush and building rubble, my choice would be the IDX Pro w/6

Thanks Monte for that detailed info....I'm really going for the GT.....Well not for me the wife. I bought some time ago a brand new Classic III for which I sold because of lack of interest from my better half. ( Now all of a sudden she's interested again) And I regret for selling it. Only I could of used it for a backup, but at the time I had my DFX as a back up when I purchaced the V3....So the Classic went. Later on the DFX got sold. I know of a IDX pro with mods for sale for $225 hardly used. I could purchase it but this machine might be to heavy for her....But a great backup for me ;). My wife is not a woods hunter mostly a beach and park...That's why I think the GT would be best....I just wanted a fell from anybody who has used the coinmaster vs the Classic. Maybe I should buy both. I hears Mr. Bill doesn't do mods anymore. So finding one is not easy.

The IDX Pro will run circles around most modern digital detectors in the iron nails, it is almost as good at un-masking in the iron as an early Tesoro such as the orig. Bandido or Toltec ll. The IDX Pro or my Toltec ll is the first detector chosen to hunt a junky old homestead, they both would outclass my departed DFX in the small ferrous trash.

Hombre said:
The IDX Pro will run circles around most modern digital detectors in the iron nails, it is almost as good at un-masking in the iron as an early Tesoro such as the orig. Bandido or Toltec ll. The IDX Pro or my Toltec ll is the first detector chosen to hunt a junky old homestead, they both would outclass my departed DFX in the small ferrous trash.

Is that before the Mods or after the Mods?

The mods only get the unit ground balanced properly. They already handle iron better than most.

IDX PRO hands down,I tried the GT,outside of VDI etc I felt the IDX was more accurate I.D ING it targets