Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

old Iron

Its the rust causing wrap around it does it with most detectors. Same with Hot Rocks they have a high pitch but if you reduce the sensitivity they wont do it unless they are really large or very close to the coil. Im assumeing you are talking Cond sounds. Rust will also drive you crazy in some locations ...like old torn down homes in a field in Ferr sounds. You just kind of shift the view from upper left to lower right..... but you can control it in Ferr a little better than in Cond

Dew

I mostly hunt in ferrous sounds all metal and those are the kind of places I seem to have the most problem, I will try turning the sensitivity down a little and see if that helps, I have a 10x12 sef coil and I ordered a 6 inch DD excelerator coil, it is backordered, that might help pickin through the trash thanks Pete.....

if you friends want to fight iron with explorer use old coil 1050 or 1000 instead pro. you will loose some deph but you will live with less iron in pockets. good luck Stasys

You have the trick.... turn down your sensitivity it even works on Hot Rocks. I get those high tones or squeals even in Ferr in the field where a lot of iron, square nails, and even rusted pieces of cans. I also use the SEF. Basicly Stasys is telling you to turn down the sensitivity by reducing the coil size. I hunt in Ferr mostly in the field or where iron is a problem... but i still use 28 IM. I think in Ferr you will notice the smart screen jump back and forth from upper left to lower bottom right much like a rusted crown cap does. Ive just gotten to know that about the only coin that will give me a sound close to that squeal is a LC.

Dew

You have the trick.... turn down your sensitivity it even works on Hot Rocks. I get those high tones or squeals even in Ferr in the field where a lot of iron, square nails, and even rusted pieces of cans. I also use the SEF. Basicly Stasys is telling you to turn down the sensitivity by reducing the coil size. I hunt in Ferr mostly in the field or where iron is a problem... but i still use 28 IM. I think in Ferr you will notice the smart screen jump back and forth from upper left to lower bottom right much like a rusted crown cap does. Ive just gotten to know that about the only coin that will give me a sound close to that squeal is a LC. I also have the very tiny area in the upper right where you get the 00 31 Hot rock or wrap around dis out. It works well in the field for me where i start getting all those nasty tones.

Dew

Dew you are right about sensitivity and some discrimination to cut hot rocks ,but why to do this, if 1050 coil usually is silent on hot rocks and rusted nails? 1050 size is similar to pro, no spokes to catch sticks and etc. in mud 1050 can be cleaner then pro because no any holes in coil and coil cover and smooth shape like soap. yes old coil looks like detector sick elephantosis, compare with Princes Pro,but 1050 works very,very nice! one minus coil connection is not in center. But on pro coil cover is with holes? and dont cover completely bottom all the coil? I cant explain this stupid design, may be its was not tested in the field and was created in 3D on computer? :confused:
Dew what about the sef 10x12 its similar to pro on hot rocks and rusted nails? looks like shape is to not the best for woods?. Thanks Stasys

Ive not tried the standard coil in the fields. The SEF has the same design as the Pro and can be difficult in corn fields... but there is plenty of room to work the coil rather than swing it. You still get hits off the side of the coil so i dont think im missing much. Now bean fields are the real pain. The rows are like 4 inches apart and you just arent going to get much depth. I dont think the SEF likes the iron as much as the Pro does so adjusting the sensitivity on the SEF works for me. I guess ive done it enough now to know what these Hot Rock sound like plus raising the coil a bit and you know right away. The design wasnt made for fields or the woods, but after awhile it becomes normal and you dont notice you are banging and pulling. You cant dig here in a field now ...no snow, rain, and the cold ... they are rock hard.

Dew