Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old Miner's Helmet Piece {2}

{Yeah, I posted this find on another section in these forums, but still found it cool enough to share it around.}

Got a pretty cool relic from the old miner days that happened around in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, copper mining, some coal, some iron, etc.

Found it a couple months ago metal detecting at an old train station that intersected with the mines, but hey, I still consider it worthy enough to show you guys.

This year has been pretty good for detecting to be honest.

IMG_0090.JPG

IMG_0091.JPG
IMG_0092.JPG

Yeah, funny thing is I was in a bad mood on that day. I was walking around getting bit by mosquitos and black nats, then I was about ready to leave and got this!

That's the magic of metal detecting.

Yeah, I know what it is for sure on first glance because my whole entire area's history is based on mining and railroads.

Yeah, I know what it is for sure on first glance because my whole entire area's history is based on mining and railroads.
Me too... I have one I bought years ago.
That’s how I knew what it was.
I took it to work one day and told people this lamp runs on water... I was partially telling the the truth!!😂🤣

Me too... I have one I bought years ago.
That’s how I knew what it was.
I took it to work one day and told people this lamp runs on water... I was partially telling the the truth!!😂🤣
This one was my granpa's . coal miner in Ark. 1920s. It was made by Autolite!
20201031_212308.jpg20201031_212336.jpgGreenwood_Coal_Miners_Mem_f.jpg
His name is actually on the monument in Greenwood, Ark.

That's really cool! Speaking of miner tags, which I noticed you have on your profile picture. I dug up 2 from this area!

View attachment 8597
Those are cool, too!!! You've probably seen my post earlier in "today's finds" about my tag. If not, check it out! HH