Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old Motel Silver

miserman

Today I hunted a picnic grove area where an old highway motel was in the 1940's. Before today,hunting it 10-12 times over the years, this grove had produced over 70 Wheats and 9 silver dimes. Back in the 40's when the motel was active people traveling by car would sit on the ground and have their picnic meals under the trees. Today I decided to hunt an area that I avoided in the past thinking it was too far away from the motel location. I found the three Mercs and two Wheats in this area. The Indian Head was on the outer fringe area along with the 1939 Jefferson Nickel. The ground was very wet and all the coins were in the 5-6 inch range. This is another example of a site that was thought to be hunted out, but still produced.......Thanks for looking
000_0374.JPG

Last edited:
miserman, nice work, congrats.

Ron in WV

Thinking outside the box pays off again! This year Ron and myself have found more silver than we've ever found by thinking outside the box, so far we've been glued to the woods and it's been paying dividends for us.
Miserman, another great day of hunting, congratulations.

Nice haul,Miserman.I started detecting in September of 2017 and have yet to find silver in any form,but hoping to get out more this year.I 've done better with change from the local stores:yesterday I found I had a 1943 Jefferson,last summer the same store gave me back a steel penney,and two years ago the Coinstar at Walmart kept refusing to accept two quarters so I brought them back home.I figured out why they were rejected-they were silver.