Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

old old coin

flashs

Found in a camp near Antietam Battlefield. It's the size of a half doller, and is either copper or bronze? HELP! Thanks.[attachment 49593 hammeredcoinjpeg.JPG][attachment 49594 hammeredcoin2jpeg.JPG][attachment 49595 oldcoin.jpg]

Your old coin is an old Religion medalion. I have a 1830 medalion from Italy with the same marks on it.

Hi all...
I found out some more information about my find on another board.
It's a bronze Byzantine coin...
THE FORMAL ATTRIBUTION IS AS FOLLOWS:

Justin II Folis
Constantinople mint
Struck year 10 (574/5 AD)
Obverse: D N IVSTININVS PP AVG; Justin holding cross on globe, and Sophia, holding cruciform sceptre, seated facing on double throne.
Reverse: Large M, cross above, delta below; ANNO left; X (regnal year)right; CON in exergue.

Reference: SEAR BYZANTINE COINS AND THEIR VALUES #sb0360

If anyone is intrested in seeing more coins of this type , here is a web site: http://www.wildwinds.com/coins/sb/sb0360.hml