Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old park again...sorry, but I'm havin' a ball:detecting:

Bill Ladd

My poor hunting buddy came up coinless & say's the place is "drying up"....(deep down he wants a F75 or T2);) But for me it was "small coil" day. I put the small DD coil on the F75 LTD for the first time. I ran the sensitivity into the 90's, disc on 6 & worked the same little berm I got the 3 silver dimes last time......

Well, no silver this time....but I was still able to pop 6 more coins & 1 token (not pictured) outta the same 10 ft. trashy square area. I now think this berm was right alongside one of the old buildings. I filled both sides of the pouch with junk to get 2 more indian heads, a V-nickle, 3 wheats, & a weird crudely stamped token that was either for something at the park or perhaps one of the local brothels. The second picture shows the token how it came out & left an impression in the sandy soil.......

Again, I love Colonial relic sites best over coinshooting, but I'm having a blast proving this park isn't "dried up" yet. It's just the others were too lazy to "take out the trash" & fill their pouches.....
HH,

Bill

PS. Actually I too made the mistake of thinking the site was pretty much "pounded" after we filmed here for episode 2 of the new DVD. But, returning to completely extract every solitary (often tiny) bit of trash we can detect is opening up & producing more than we dug in the movie. We're filming all of this, so it looks like a new chapter for "Season 3"......

Certainly no need to apologize Bill...LOL!! Congrats on the finds, I admire your patience!

I put that little 5" on my LTD last June and left it on the rest of the year, and, I never felt under gunned on any site. Amazing depth from that little bugger!!

Congrats again!

Dave

I got one of the first round camo. f75LTD'.....I found out shortly the 5 inch coil was good thanks for reminding me guys.
Dan....HH

n/t

Only found 1 indian so far this year and 1 last year...and still lookin for my first v nickel.
WTG Bill! Looks like a great day!

Nice finds Bill,and nothing wrong with having a 'ball' thats what it is all about!!!! I to have started using my small coil on the LTD,it does work very well in trash,also I noticed I could run higher sens. and lower disc. with it.With the smaller foot print it doesnt see all the trash in the area at one time,so my brain isnt overwhelmed with what the detec. is trying to tell me....hh rick in mi.

it was much easier to go over that same berm the coins came out of & I was plucking out 1 object at a time. Before, I was trying to spread out the dug dirt into various piles due to having like 3 items under the stock coil at once (a nail here, .22 casing there, etc.) Three objects under the bigger DD coil will throw off the number ID readings as well as you gut all kinds of "averaging" going on. In other words, I may see like a 50 ID #, but when I'd spread my dirt, I'd see a nice 80 high squeal catch my attention!:tongue: If it locks & don't move much, say 79-81 as I sweep then I know it's a coin. After I pocket that, I'll find a nail or bit of aluminum in the same dug dirt & all that junk under the stock coil was the reason for the 50's number I saw originally. So, folks who tried to hunt this same berm in the past & tried "cherry picking" all the coins looking to dig only 80's numbers....well they walked away from all the coins I've been picturing the last couple weeks. I watched my buddy do it with his Tesoro.
Anyhow, what I was getting at about the small coil as that I'm now able to isolate 1 object under it at a time rather than 3 or 4. That way I'm getting more precise ID's & less "soil spreading" to try to clean out all the trash.....
HH,
Bill