Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old Path gives up 3 Wheats

GoGoGopher

Hit a park today that has been around since 1886...The last extension of the area was done in 1890. The park is loaded with cans and can slaw, foil wrappers, and the usual bottle tops and pull tabs...I am sure the place was pounded in the 60s and 70s by the loads of detectorists we had then. The old cobblestones can still be found just under the grass roots in spots. The only way you know they are there is if your walking on them, the ground feels harder, and you can see a slight depression in the area. I pulled 3 Wheaties from one path, and about 2 pounds of junk...No other coins were found here...Nearby power lines and underground telephone lines were giving me fits, so I could only turn up the Sens about half way on the AT Pro. I was hunting with the stock 8.5x11 DD coil in Pro Zero, Zero Iron Disc, with Iron Audio ON. I no longer dig the screw caps, as I can tell them very clearly in this configuration...They read between 78 and 82 and give this distinct warble sound, as where zinc pennies are cleaner sounding, and copper pennies are very clean sounding.
As I found no other coins or jewelry on this path, I headed for the outfield on the hardball diamond...All I found here was clad, a key, a newer buckle (Did not smell of Cologne...lol), and the face of an old pocket watch I think. The weather was hot and humid with a high of 80 degrees, but a nice breeze made it tolerable for 2 hours of hunting.
Wheats are dated 1934, 1947, and 1951 (all with no mint marks) between 4-6 inches deep. Oldest other coin was a 1967 dime.

05-30-12BurnetPark1.jpg

05-30-12BurnetPark2.jpg

05-30-12BurnetPark.jpg

Happy Hunting and Stay Hydrated out there,

nice hunt

1909 !!! ??? Go back and pound that area...Bound to be some good SILVER out there!

HH,

Grunter said:
I found 4 wheaties today 1909,1910,1916,1918, and 15 cents in assorted clad.

The silver has to be deep then...put on the biggest coil ya got, run in Pro Zero, Zero Iron DISC, and Iron Audio ON...Turn the SENS as high as it can go without loss of stability, and do not NOTCH out anything...Listen for the faint high tones...almost like a whisper...Those should be your silvers...

HH,