Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old People

I just hope that I'm still able to enjoy the hobby of metal detecting like you fellows:thumbup: Ya'll are around my parents age and here's wishing ya'll many more years to enjoy the hobby!

Just one of the kids, I am 67.

Ron in WV

How old is Old? According to the Calendar I will be 75 in less than two months. According to my mind I am still 28. My mind keeps writing those checks that my body refuses to cash.

Took up detecting a little over three years ago. Enjoy it immensely. But there are days that after 6 hours I am ready to quit for the day.

Guess, i'd be considered an old furt somewhere in my upper 60s...stopped counting!
The old saying 'Everything still works but hurts'....so far that is! :smoke:

Age is but a number............... Attitude, and ability defines each of us.Jack we all know you do very well out in the field.. And your attitude is awesome.

PS: I'm 39 and Hooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllding .........................:rofl:

There are many that can't detect for 6 hours......So my friend your doing great...

I'm 79 and been detecting almost 42 years. Still no body parts replaced but , dang, It's hard to get out of bed in the morn..I feel 78 but I hope I act younger. We are never what we think we are!

About two years ago, my heart doctor after some test said I was getting younger. I ask him if he could work me back to 25.....Jack

jackintexas said:
About two years ago, my heart doctor after some test said I was getting younger. I ask him if he could work me back to 25.....Jack

[size=x-large]So your down to 81 now Jack ............... That is a good thing...................:laugh:[/size]:

Closing in on 67 (February) Between Mding, fishing, vegetable garden, I still have time to enjoy a drink & a power nap, never look back. But if I could stay at 67 , I'd take it.

Well not really old but I just turned 55 in Aug.

I'm not Old just mellowed. Been MD'ing since 1977. I am or will be 69 on Dec.16th,2015 have 3 Children, 8 Grand Children and 14 Great Grand Children. What I hope is that All of them and All of You will be at my 119th Birthday Party. Happy Hunting to everyone and Thanks to the Man Above for allowing me these many Years of Joy.

DigPan in SC

My Family Doctor told me that he could find no reason that I should not live to be 100. I asked him what he thought was the reason that I was going to die so young.

Well some of you are older than me and some about the same . My body aged faster than my mind . I'm 68 next month and have to use a four wheel walker to get around most of the time bad health , two heart attacks and bad Knee's they won't give me replacement parts to risky to operate on . But I still get out 3 or 4 times a month with the help of my 2 son's who take turns going with me . I can usely last about 2 hours before my knees give out on me , but I still enjoy getting to detect when ever I can .