Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old School Closing

twilli

I went to my old elementary school (built in 1939) last weekend. It closed last year to move all the kids to the new school in a new location. I found lots of coins around the auditorium and front door entrance. But all of them are new coins. The oldest coin was a 1973 nickle, oldest dime was 1983 and tons of modern pennys. Some of these were 6 - 8" deep. Any ideas on why there are no old coins.

Theres an old timer from my home town. He filled mason jar after mason jar from 80s and 90s hunting all local parks and schools. All silver. I am sure there is at least one for every town. Creep the area. Go slow. I am sure there are some that were deep that were missed. Also. spread your search out. Take an average of the dates of the coins you find....to get a rough Idea as to when it was last cleared out.

hh an gl -Joe

Yes, I figured it had been hunted before. But I found lots of trash. Who ever hunted it must have been really good at descriminating cause I hauled out an apron full of nails, tabs, wire, bottle caps etc. I did however find some small braclet charms.

You hunt that a little more...theres always a few missed. They probably missed the gold if its there as well..I've got a place just like that one and have found missed silver on those days when the soil was just right.
Mud

Mud is right. Some days, and I can't tell you what it is, temperature, humidity, something just makes it right and you start hitting things you hadn't before. Go slow and listen carefully, you'll find some good stuff.
HH

I am on a field like that now. I hunted it hard last year and got 1 silver and some 50s pennies. I hunted it last week and pulled a 1853 seated, 2 pre 1900 Canadian silvers and a 1911 silver quarter, barber and a couple more. Plus a ton of old wheats. Soil is magic right now

Just because you recovered a ton of trash . Do not forget then the kids we have at school today drop everything on the ground.

If it was cherry picked in the past, they missed lots of things that were probably masked by the trash. Now that you have cleared out a bit of trash, go back and hunt it in the opposite direction. You should find a few keepers.
Many people do not like to dig trash, but if you remove it you will find more goodies.

Ken-Digs, I finally gave up on the Infinium. What I found at that school I found with a el chepo Bounty Hunter. I have made a deal with the company I bought the Infinium from to trade for an ATPro and some boot! I talked to Garrett and they told me that the Infinium would not work for me in the area where I lived. Maybe better luck at the old school with the ATP which should be here this Friday.