Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old school gives up silver!!

garthbfan

I got out today to the old school and was joined by a young man that I met on youtube. He is from Mass. his family is down my way for vacation. We were only able to hunt for an hour and a half but we both made good use of the time.

I started out by finding a couple of Lincoln pennies. Then I got a solid dime signal on the ole Ace 250. I dug the plug and stuck my propointer in the hole and the target was down just a little bit more. I put my digger in the hole and dug down a little bit more when I saw the shiny coin. Didn't know what it was but knew I had to turn on my video camera. I pick it out of the hole and there it was a 1940 Mercury dime.

At that moment I remembered that this is what it's all about. Recovering a 70 year old coin from the ground for all to see. It is in really good shape except for the spot where my digger hit it. I was very excited as you will hear on the video. I wanted to do a happy dance as this is my first Merc. but I had my new friend and his father standing there with me and I didn't want to scare them. My new friend Recovering Relics as he is known found a nice button with the shank still attached.

I had a great time with my new friend and want to thank his dad for driving him over to meet me. Enjoy the photos and video. To view the video go to youtube.com and type in garthbfan goes detecting. The video won't be up till tomorrow morning some time because I will be busy the rest of the day sorry.

Good for you Garth! I haven't hit any silver yet this year!:garrett:

:clapping:WTG garth... Im still lookin for my 1st this yr
sonnner or later Ill get it

Heres to many more hunts just like this one

Ron
RLTW

:usaflag:Nice Merc....still have'nt found one. That sucks when you scratch 'em like that. My 2nd buffalo caught a few when I was extracting it...what can ya do?

Great coin. I still haven't found one yoet this year and I went looking for one today.

Chris

Alright GBF, your one silver coin ahead of me for the year. You gotta cut yourself a nice long tine from a set of deer antlers and use that to loosen the dirt once you have the plug out. You'll never scratch another coin again unless you hit it with digger when you cut the plug. :yo: Super find!

Thanks for the comments everyone and I will try and get my hands on a tine B2H good stuff!!:detecting:

Good find on the Merc.
Its been raining here and on top of
it I've caught one nasty head cold so I
won't be going out for awhile.
Katz

Nice find there buddy, Mercs are my fav. Never have found one, gonna try again today tho. HH to you!
Joe :detecting::garrett:

Oh yeah!:super:That's what I'm talkin' about!:garrett::detecting:Congrats on the silver!:cheers:I haven't seen the video yet, but I'll look for it.:wiggle:Thanks for sharing!:biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)