Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old School House Hunt!

Well I get a call from Critterhunter, he secured private permission to hunt an old one room school house that was built in 1903 but was later converted to a residence. So we headed down there to check it out, of course we did not have any expectations considering it was probably hunted before although we were told that it never was. Well we get there and the owner gives us the tour on about an acre of property and it looks really promising. Im excited so and soon as the owner was done I b-lined for the car to pull the SE out and started swingin'. I begin walking towards that back and was immediately hearing tones. I get about 30 ft and bam! Nice sweet high tone, perfect quarter hit. Dig the first plug and at about 4 inches, I see silver. I knew it was a quarter but I wasnt sure what it was. I call Critterhunter over to see before I pull it and sure enough it was a 1896 Barber Quarter. I recsan the hole and bam! Another Barber! This time it was a 1903. Man I was happy. Unfortunately no mint marks. At that point we decided to just do a quick scan of the whole property. There turned out to be a lot if iron so we just picked some of the good tones. Just as I finished up, Critterhunter is walking towards me as I am sitting down and bam, hits a nice silver ring. We have permission to come back any time so we werent worried about getting as much as possible. Besides the clad and some wheats, we pulled some really interesting finds including a skeleton key (probably to the house), an old padlock, a tie off ring for horses, an old Kissproof lip tint compact, and a very interesting hinge with what looks like military marks on it. If any one knows or has any info on what this hinge could be from, please let me know. Thanks!

That looks like it was a lot of fun. Interesting finds. Is the black car a Thunderbird?

407floyd said:
That looks like it was a lot of fun. Interesting finds. Is the black car a Thunderbird?

I dont remember but I think it was.

mclucky said:
Hi Saltshaker, your hinge is from an old icebox.

Cool...thanks for the info, I think you and Pat from Chicago are right. BTW, Critterhunter retuned to the site a week later and pulled another really nice barber (see pics). We are looking forward to going back soon again, theres still a ton to grid out.