Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old School Silver Part Deux

Sooper Dave

Between the rain showers yesterday I drove down to try out an old ballfield for a couple of hours. I didn't have any luck with any old coins there and it seemed like a lot of fill dirt was added over the years. So to salvage the time I had left, I drove back to the old school I hunted last weekend. I started in a corner I didn't get to search last time. At the end of my first row I got a nice high tone on my old Etrac and popped out a worn SLQ. I haven't dug one in a while so it was exciting to get that. I worked a few more rows and got another nice high tone and dug a 64 Washington. Barely made silver and this makes up for the last dozen or so 65's I've dug :ROFLMAO: . I checked the hole with my pinpointer and scooped out a wheatie. I worked around for about an hour and dug a few more wheats. This has been a good site to hunt I just wished it was closer to home.

TFcoTum.jpg
IjPDVti.jpg

2ByEaz0.jpg
BZs8xN7.jpg

SLQs always make a person's day. Nice score. Outstanding pics and story as usual.

I pulled a 1964 quarter a few weeks ago also which is always a bonus.
I have worked alot of sites that make me grit my teeth where I continually pull pretty deep 1965 (The FU mintmark as Hoover Boys refers to them :D) -1969 clad coins and deep clad pennies that could pass for a silver tone.
But then I get something unexpected and good that will make my day.
Be patient, Enjoy the exercise, fresh air and you will eventually be rewarded is my motto.
Dave

I got my first SLQ this year and it had a date visible, so score there. My advise is return with a second detector or change up your angle of attack with the eTrac. If your hitting quarters then there are more denominations hiding in there. Good job!!!

SLQs always make a person's day. Nice score. Outstanding pics and story as usual.

I pulled a 1964 quarter a few weeks ago also which is always a bonus.
I have worked alot of sites that make me grit my teeth where I continually pull pretty deep 1965 (The FU mintmark as Hoover Boys refers to them :D) -1969 clad coins and deep clad pennies that could pass for a silver tone.
But then I get something unexpected and good that will make my day.
Be patient, Enjoy the exercise, fresh air and you will eventually be rewarded is my motto.
Dave
Thanks Dave and you're right about those 65-69 quarters ring in like silver, like they are made with a different mix of metals. And you are the king of pulling deep coins and relics out of hunted out sites.

I got my first SLQ this year and it had a date visible, so score there. My advise is return with a second detector or change up your angle of attack with the eTrac. If your hitting quarters then there are more denominations hiding in there. Good job!!!
Congrats on your first SLQ! With a date is a huge bonus. Thanks for the advice I will give it a try.

Sweet sliver.

Nice finds Dave got some good silver myself and tuna fish my other hobby is fly fishing this time of year tough to decide what to do!!!!

Attachments

• 016E0099-36AF-4394-A605-788160795A53.jpeg
    016E0099-36AF-4394-A605-788160795A53.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
Last edited: