Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old Silver from the stubble field.

EOS

Monday,it means day off from work and full time detecting with XT and ET.
They are a very good company,and give me lot of fun time.We have shared many hours together,and they never complain,well sometimes they need some energy,but that is not often. :)

Started up with the Xterra 705 and elliptical coil.Slides through the stubble real easy. The stubble was not hard,so I didnt have to put in a lot of energy to get the coil down to the ground.
I always GPS-tag my finds with the Garmin. The Royal Coin Cabinette in Stockholm get a complete report of every coin older than 1850. That is for further research,and Im pleased to give them that information. I always got to keep´em coins.
But this finds will end up in the local church where they have a small museum with local finds. That is a good way to display the finds.

I had a few copper coins from the seventeen century and then a silver coin from 1670 jumped in at ID 28 on the terra. Wow! That was a surprise. I went on and had a.. BANG!!..ID 42 and dug up a silver buckle from the seventeen century. Really nice bit of silver,with the silver smith initial.
After a couple of hours I had to refuel with some coffee and something to eat. Its an important moment to go through your finds and reflect what you had dug up.

Out again and this time with E-Trac. Had another six coins,only copper this time.Some buttons,musket bullet,buckles and other fields finds.

Missus called and wondered where I was...well out on the field of course. She:but its late; yeah I know,but do you know I do have the head lamp so I can go on for another 3-4 hours..haha..but I didnt.
Eight hour of detecting is fine with me.Have to save some land til next time.

/Mike

Great finds!:clapping: My wife is forgiving when I spend an afternoon hunting. She should, considering that she wears some of my jewelry finds:lol: I like the idea of giving some of your finds to the church to display. I am going to contact some of the local historical societies about helping me get permission to areas that would allow me to do what I love and in return,donate the historical finds to them for others to enjoy. i have a few historical items from different cities that I am going to donate and see if they take me seriously.:please:
Sounds like a win/win idea to me.

Great story about your day. Nice finds and great pictures too. Thanks for sharing with us.

Nice story and wonderful finds. Love the coffee cup picture. Good hunting!

Yup, the coffee cup photo shows a great eye for composition. Have you posted that photo over in the DIGITAL MEDIA forum? Bet that they would like to see it.