Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old town lot produced a few surprises...

Gonehunting

I have been wanting to use the Garrett AT Pro lately and today I got the chance. I went to town and gained permission at an old lot. It was next to a home built in the early 1900s. I knew that the sidewalk ROW had been hunted hard in the past. I found a few memorials so I moved into the yard. Very first target was about a 4 inch 1917D wheat.
yLAur.jpg

So I grabbed the camera and started filming.
I stared digging one wheat after another and ended up with 15 on the day. I was now gridding the yard and got a mid 80′s tone but it was a little jumpy. I finally got it to remain consistent and dug.

FzSyP.jpg

Harry Disston & Sons Philadelphia 1896-1917

Harry Disston and Son

Very nice finds...The only explanation I have for the spoon handles is the rest of them became fishing lures maybe (spoons)???

HH,

DiggerODirt said:
Very nice finds...The only explanation I have for the spoon handles is the rest of them became fishing lures maybe (spoons)???

HH,
I have no idea either.. I tried to find the rest of them, but couldn't..

Thanks Mike.. they are definitely odd...

I would love to hear the story behind those silverware pieces. Nice finds. looks like you had a great hunt. congrats!!

Way to go Evan, you seem to be able to find the goodies regardless of the detector that you are using. Congrats on the outstanding finds. Thanks for sharing with us.

blade310 said:
I would love to hear the story behind those silverware pieces. Nice finds. looks like you had a great hunt. congrats!!
I would too.. thanks.. plan to go back this weekend..

dadzjunk said:
Way to go Evan, you seem to be able to find the goodies regardless of the detector that you are using. Congrats on the outstanding finds. Thanks for sharing with us.
Thanks bud, I was lucky and found a good spot.. lol I had skipped this spot several times, cause I thought the house had burned and it looked trashy.. but it wasn't that bad...thanks for the read. The video should be on my YouTube channel in about an hour or two..

thats way too cool. great finds and story. was a super good days hunting, congrats

Thanks bud.. my vid is up on YouTube now...

Yeah I am running out of spots in this little town..lol thanks for looking

wow, nice finds! Hope you can get back there and hit it again. Keep us posted.

Thanks I hope to hit this spot with the Deus and the CTX also.. I really think there are some much deeper targets.. Will be taking the AT back with the larger coil now that I have dug the clad and shallower trash..

Thanks...bud..