Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old vineyard claimed its trophy!!!!!

Fishrgal

I finally got down to the old vineyard that exactly 50 years ago at the age of 12, I threw a silver and jade ring. (it was a steep abandoned vineyard across a gully from our back yard). Now that I am "detecting" I got permission from the owner of the land to hunt there. My grandson and I went down (he thought he might have to help his old grandma get up the hill). When we got down there, the bank was so steep that even he had a difficult time climbing the bank, but I eventually made it up there unassisted. What a shock! That once vineyard not only had the wires all over the ground, we couldn't even see the wires with all the foliage. The trees were enormous, many limbs and branches had fallen all over, the vegetation was dense and there were some of the largest pricker bushes I had ever seen! But we hunted for hours in the area the ring had originally landed, and downhill from there as well as spreading out a bit. (50 years can make things move quite a bit, especially when the land is so stinking steep too). But we did not find the ring! Found lots of junk, my grandson came away with lots of old Clorox bottles, beer bottles, etc that had been thrown over there, junk junk junk EVERYWHERE! I found an all metal putty knife and some things I am not sure of, one thing looks like a trivet for a wood stove. I will clean it up and put it on later. What a disappointment the day turned out to be. I dreamed for years of finding that ring! After so long perhaps it disintegrated. probably won't go back and put myself through that torture again. Even through our jeans and shirts we are a mess of torn flesh! (the only good that came out of it was showing my grandson that Grandma isn't washed up yet!:clapping:

Sorry to hear that you could not find it.
At lease you tried,that was the main thing !

Good try Krista

I bet youll get a sudden urge one day , go look
and VIOLIN youll find it....

Have fun and Safe Hunts

Ron

Rangers Lead The Way

Just suggesting you might want to discriminate out some lower end targets and keep in penny, dime, quarter? If it was actually silver it did not disintergrate. It is most likely still there! Good luck to you if you get back there to hunt.

I may get back there but will wait till all foliage dies off as there is enough up there to fight against without the poison ivy, the thorn bushes, etc.:surrender:

Get your neighbor to do a controlled burn and keep on searching. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack. I'm glad your grandson helped you out, that speaks well of him.

Hay...I hope you go back sometime and find that rascal! Were pullin' for ya!! HH!