Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old worn silver

floodplaindetector

Finds are from 3 hunts over the last 2 weekends with the Equinox at some small town city parks and schools where I knew I would hardly seeing anyone in view.
The 1877 seated liberty dime is paper thin and was about 7 inches deep.
The seated and barber dimes and some of the other targets were found yesterday about 70 miles from home in an old school playground. Most of the ground was thawed out which was a bonus.
I just used the stock coil. The deepest target was the old pocket watch @ about 10 inches. Deepest coin was about 7-8 inches.
Park1 mode seems to hit pretty hard on silver in my dirt. On the small bent silver ring without the stone target, I switched out of Park1 into Park2 then Field2 to hear the signal and it was a lot quieter in Park2 and Field2.
Even with the frequency shift trick, the crown caps were still kicking me in the rear. Still managed to get 1/2 dozen old nickels back to 1940 and 3 were silver war nickels.
Also got 21 wheat pennies back to 1912 and the 1891 Indian.

Some of my settings were Park1 / Sensitivity 24-25 / Ground Balance 0 / Iron bias: F2 = 0 / Recovery 4. Always noise cancel.

Attachments

• 0329202058.jpg
    0329202058.jpg
    678.5 KB · Views: 229
  • 0329202028.jpg
    0329202028.jpg
    609.6 KB · Views: 200
  • 0329202031.jpg
    0329202031.jpg
    525.4 KB · Views: 230
  • 0329201710.jpg
    0329201710.jpg
    600.3 KB · Views: 196
  • 0328201627.jpg
    0328201627.jpg
    558.8 KB · Views: 191
Finds are from 3 hunts over the last 2 weekends with the Equinox at some small town city parks and schools where I knew I would hardly seeing anyone in view.
The 1877 seated liberty dime is paper thin and was about 7 inches deep.
The seated and barber dimes and some of the other targets were found yesterday about 70 miles from home in an old school playground. Most of the ground was thawed out which was a bonus.
I just used the stock coil. The deepest target was the old pocket watch @ about 10 inches. Deepest coin was about 7-8 inches.
Park1 mode seems to hit pretty hard on silver in my dirt. On the small bent silver ring without the stone target, I switched out of Park1 into Park2 then Field2 to hear the signal and it was a lot quieter in Park2 and Field2.
Even with the frequency shift trick, the crown caps were still kicking me in the rear. Still managed to get 1/2 dozen old nickels back to 1940 and 3 were silver war nickels.
Also got 21 wheat pennies back to 1912 and the 1891 Indian.

Some of my settings were Park1 / Sensitivity 24-25 / Ground Balance 0 / Iron bias: F2 = 0 / Recovery 4. Always noise cancel.
Nice haul... Every city park I hit just gives me modern clad coins. Good Job..!

Good job Dave schools are great spots right now with them being closed I’m hitting them to.
Mark

In my soil those rusty bottle caps crackle a bit and the signal is not clear I’ve got them down pretty good don’t dig as many as I use to lol.
Settings look similar to what I use ..nice haul
Matk

Glad to see you over here on this forum, Dave................With your usual BIG pile of silver & relics!!

Iowa Dale

Some of the crown caps sound so good in my soil, I don't even bother trying a frequency shift and just dig them. I can tell this detector is good on nickels when the crown caps
aren't getting in the way for me.

In my soil those rusty bottle caps crackle a bit and the signal is not clear I’ve got them down pretty good don’t dig as many as I use to lol.
Settings look similar to what I use ..nice haul
Matk

thanks. Appreciate it!
Yes, I am starting to do that as I am learning the nuances of this machine.
I would like to get a 10 inch deep coin but I guess as long I keep getting targets in the 7-8 inch range I wont complain.
It has surprised me with the silver jewelry so far.
I just have to forget a lot of what I know with the eTrac and realize this detector is a lot different.

Dave

Well done, I like to switch modes on a deep one once in a while and check response as well.
HH Jeff