Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

older sovereign

going to be trading for an older sovereign and was wondering how good they are and any pointers. I use the explorer se, minelab xterra 70 and have a white's xlt. the se is great but was hoping for a little more depth if possible. CBailey

If it is a XS or a XS2 they were the best of the older Sovereigns I feel, the original I didn't care for as much as these 2, but it works good too. The Explorer SE will probably have the best depth if you have learned it well just like the Sovereign as to me it is easier to use and can hear the signals better with the Sovereign and the depth is good, but like the Explorer you have to go slow and listen close to get the depth.
The Sovereign GT is the best in my opinion of all the Sovereign if you get to know it well like the E-Trac is much better than the Explorers too.

I use a Sovereign XS2 and love it. I have used a Sov for a lot of years and I have found thousands of coins. It is still the only detector I have used that will find smaller coins like Indian Heads around the 10" level with a 8" coil. I grant that I was digging whispers but it will do it. A meter is a great inhancement. You might consider one of Joe Patrick's Insight meters. That is my next move with my Sov. First, I also have to buy a new coil because I wore out the coil for the second time.