Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Older Tesoro Parts -

UtahRich

I picked up a couple older Tesoros the last few months and have a couple questions I am hoping can be answered.

Original Golden Sabre - Brown Metal control housing. Found one in really great condition, except for the 8AA Short battery holder which is pretty much destroyed. I am going to bet the previous owner had trouble getting the holder into the compartment. I picked up an 8AA Short battery holder at the local Radio Shack so hoping it would fit and wanting to do some operational testing. It doesn't fit into the compartment; just a little bit too wide to fit into the opening if I orient the holder vertically (connector is either up or down). The holder will fit if I orient the 8AA holder horizontally, but only if i disconnect the battery terminal. I see that several Tesoro Dealers sell a 8AA short holder and say it will fit. I don't see any visual difference between what they are showing in their photos and what I have.

What's the solution here? Does Tesoro have 'small' 8AA holders?

Second, I like for my coils to have a skid plate on them for protection. Do the new skid plates fit the old white 8" donut coil?

Thanks for any assistance,

Rich -

I would call the Tesoro factory. They are great folks, willing to help, and have the correct answer, plain and simple.

I'm sure Tesoro has the holders.
They will be glad to help.

My new tslt had the same problem but a very fine file straightened out the lousy casting on replacement. Fits snug and works fine. My 32 year old Golden Sabre was completely rebuilt at TESOSO-thanks Rusty for a fine job- about 5 years ago and it still rocks the coin/relic world. Have many coils but the DD is fantastic for hot soil/salt/wet and still finds tiny gold ear studs etc- Notch rocks and accept only is great for lost keys and gold/silver objects when composition is known.John-