Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Older, then Older Yet

fishes02

Been really slow this new year; with soccer and all, but -

Hit a new site this weekend for about an hour or so, old farm house being torn down...not sure how long it was standing, but came out a winner.

Second find of the day was an 1888 IH...I was off to a good start, and was hoping for a second, but no joy. On the way out I hit a solid 74, and pulled out what I thought was my first large cent.. Further investigation noted a two toned copper disk ( as if one layer was placed on the top of another) that had a faint shadow...couldn't be what I thought it was by all accounts, but there sure appears to be a neck line there - or am I dreaming!

Went back on Sunday, for another hour or so, and pulled out a second copper disk (74 VDI), a little bit larger than my find on Saturday, and this turned out to be a 1806 Draped Bust Large cent; no turning back now. Image is clear as a bell, as is the date and Liberty (sure wish there was a safe way to clean it!!). Will attempt to take a picture, but needs to be held just right...Also, pulled out a 2nd IH, but to far gone to get a date, and a third copper disk, but am unable to gather any info. But this was more like the first disk, smaller and less weight then the Large Cent; could these be Half Cents!! Unfortunately, no silver!!

Good Hunting - the stuff is still out there/Cliff

WOW! What finds! I love seeing the Indians come out of the ground. Congrats on your Lg. cent also. Would love to see pictures of the other "disc". HH, Nancy

Went back this afternoon for about an hour...no more large cents, but did find a 1912 Naderland 10 cent piece, and a 1941 Half Penny. Will post additional pictures tomorrow, but here's the 1806 that I found.

Thanks/Cliff

Sweet find! Thanks for the picture. HH, Nancy