Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Oldest finds of my life about 1650's

ramer

My hunting buddy and I were detecting this Indian village site known to have been there for most of the 1600's and often visited by Jesuits who lived there for months or even years at a time between 1647 and about 1660.
My friend more excited than I've ever seen him says he found a Jesuit ring. I run over to look at it. 10 seconds later, he finds a second Jesuit ring. I start hunting in that area and less than 10 feet from the Jesuit finds I find first one, then two, then 3 Crotal bells. The Jesuits were known to have these bells to give to the Indians who were fascinated by them.
So I would guess my bells are in the 1647 to 1660 range.
My friend then finds in this same area a rather strange looking spoon. The printing on it says Double Winton which means tinned and the Maker's Mark was R then pic of a spoon then an S. This mark was between 1650 and 1700.
Needless to say, we will be going back again. About 200 acres to be hunted.
Oh, and I found a musket ball, unfired and he found 8 musket balls, all fired.

cool find! if you need any help let me know. lol

Very cool! I'm envious!