Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Oldest silver coin to date

Mcdetect

A 3 hour hunt today produced my oldest silver coin to date and another matron head large cent (my 3rd in a week). The silver coin is an 1841 O dime. The large cent is somewhere between 1816 and 1836...with no visible date.

The dime appears to be in great shape. Opinions on the grade of the dime are appreciated!
20201103_181031~2.jpg
20201103_181133~2.jpg

Just the fact one can read the lettering on both sides is amazing! Ive dug silver from the 30-50s that you can hardly read the date. Those are diamonds there guys!!!

Just the fact one can read the lettering on both sides is amazing! Ive dug silver from the 30-50s that you can hardly read the date. Those are diamonds there guys!!!
In our ground silver ages really well. Copper is a whole other story. I'm always jealous when I see guys digging Indians with almost no corrosion! My Indians are almost always unreadable.