Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ole Pro in on a few Pandemic hunts

Dancer

Touching up a few parks with the AT using the 5x8. You can have no trouble finding large areas of nothing, sometimes barely any trash. I'm thinking because many fields,playgrounds were not in use during the Shutdown. But with a little luck, acute skill, (sic) I've been managing to break $3 -$4 on a hunt. I think about the only thing I'm missing with the small coil is area covered. After all these years I'm still surprised at the depth it can reach. The Pro is still one of my two front line machines. Still a reliable workhorse, still waterproof, still flops over when I set it down to dig a plug. Finding most of my clad in out of the way corners which normally don't get hunted. Sometimes resulting in multi coin holes. Found an area yesterday that lays off the beaten track some. Pretty interesting wondering just what was going on there to collect these multi coin holes. Once in awhile dig up a silver ring, but gold almost extinct. Very few fresh drops so these places are really going to be a challenge next year. That's what's happening for me on the Pandemic Trail.

I still like the A T Pro as well and use it frequently. I really like the tones and all I use is Pro Zero. I can almost always tell when over a deep silver with that soft, mellow, whisper of high tone. I hunt for old coins mainly, but for sure, very little new drop reseeding has been going on. HH jim tn

I used my Nox 600 Saturday at a football field and dug 51 modern type pull tabs. I got home and placed 3 tabs and 2 nickels on ground. They all rang up as 13 mostly with the tabs bouncing to 14 at times. Got the At Pro out and nickels were 52 and the tabs 54. I then notched out 54 in my custom mode. It can still pick up some tabs but they will sound scratchy. Their is nothing you can do about it with the Nox.

Touching up a few parks with the AT using the 5x8. You can have no trouble finding large areas of nothing, sometimes barely any trash. I'm thinking because many fields,playgrounds were not in use during the Shutdown. But with a little luck, acute skill, (sic) I've been managing to break $3 -$4 on a hunt. I think about the only thing I'm missing with the small coil is area covered. After all these years I'm still surprised at the depth it can reach. The Pro is still one of my two front line machines. Still a reliable workhorse, still waterproof, still flops over when I set it down to dig a plug. Finding most of my clad in out of the way corners which normally don't get hunted. Sometimes resulting in multi coin holes. Found an area yesterday that lays off the beaten track some. Pretty interesting wondering just what was going on there to collect these multi coin holes. Once in awhile dig up a silver ring, but gold almost extinct. Very few fresh drops so these places are really going to be a challenge next year. That's what's happening for me on the Pandemic Trail.
I've been detecting for 40 years and i agree with your overall assessments. Now I grid parks and schools from one end to the other, instead of meandering. Good luck on future hunts!

I used my Nox 600 Saturday at a football field and dug 51 modern type pull tabs. I got home and placed 3 tabs and 2 nickels on ground. They all rang up as 13 mostly with the tabs bouncing to 14 at times. Got the At Pro out and nickels were 52 and the tabs 54. I then notched out 54 in my custom mode. It can still pick up some tabs but they will sound scratchy. Their is nothing you can do about it with the Nox.
Im going to try notching out that 54 Dig. Got nothing to loose.

Bouncing from 87 to 91 with a sweet clean tone. Dug up my second 1952 Franklin Half, couple days ago. First one was 18 yrs ago. 52 happens to be my wifes birth year. Anyway going to mount it on a nice little table we rescued from the roadside. ( Had about 3 layers of lead paint.) Back to the hunt, still using the 5x8 sifting around a mulch playground. Targets were sparse because of the Covid I guess. It was halfway up a small bank where the kids slide during the winter. Looked it up, the Half was worth $6 melt that day. Thats $3 to the seller. So instead of hiding it in a draw its going on the table. Will post a pic when done.

So in dug condition this Franklin Half has value only unto the beholder. The Melt shop is out of the question. Ole Ben is going to spend sometime attached to a table that was thrown out by someone. (Gotta be at least from the forties) Made things better in those days.

Attachments

• IMG_20200919_065427.jpg
    IMG_20200919_065427.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 206
  • IMG_20200919_065441.jpg
    IMG_20200919_065441.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 189
Today, Ole Pro bumped into my first 2020 Gold Ring. 10K. 1.7 Grams. Snagged it just outside the infield (in the grass). With the 5x8 coil. Numbers were bouncing from 52 to 49.
Settled on 52. This Girls softball field gets hunted hard threw the year. I believe it was only about three inches deep. Very little trash, so I believe it was just my day.
Three small Diamonds. Wife's gonna get fitted for a Pinky ring.

Attachments

• 20200928_094222.jpg
    20200928_094222.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 179
  • 20200928_112806.jpg
    20200928_112806.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 185