Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Omega 5 inch beats big brothers

Markmac

Had about an hour last night before my grandsons baseball game so went to the park i hunt with my Omega.Had it grounf balanced at 54 sensitivity at 80 and was in disc mode with notching nickles back in since the area i was hunting is filled with junk.I have hunted this park hard for two months with the
Omega mostly with the std 10inch elliptical coil and some with the 11 inch dd and very little with the 5inch that Monte and others brag about.In the two months i have hunted the park. I would guess i have taken out around 150 to 200 clad coins but no silver.Yes it has been frustrating finding all the clad and some older wheat pennies but no silver with the Omega but in my heart i knew i was not running the coil over silver or was being masked by other targets there.As hard as the Omega hits on dimes and other coins i knew if i hit silver it would let me know.I decided before i left home to change to the 5inch coil with all the trash in this certain area and thinking wouldnt it be something if this little coil actually found my first silver coin with the Omega.I was heading back to the Jeep after finding a few wheat pennies and a few dimes and trash of course lol and was in a small area i had hit very hard with the std coil and have taken many coins out of this one area when the five inch gives me that 4th tone ping you love to hear.Checked it every way and same sound and id was around 89 i think lol and pinpointed at 5 to six inches.Dug the plug, target was still in the hole had to dig a little deeper and there it was a 1943 silver quarter as shiny as the day it went in the ground.Of all the time i have spent at that park with the two larger coils and finding many coins that small coil ends up finding me my first silver coin with the Omega.Did i miss this coin with the std coil maybe i did or maybe it was masked with other junk im not sure but i have hunted that one area very hard and the 5inch wins the silver first find lol....Guess it shows how versital the Omega three coil pkg can be,,Have a great summer eeveryone......Markmac

Your story inspires me!
I have a 5 inch coil on the way and i just know I'll find more coins or so i hope:detecting:

all iron, glad you enjoyed reading about my first Omega silver find and good luck with your new coil on the way.it was sure nice finding that silver quarter with the Omega..Markmac

I can search a medium to heavy trash area with the 10 or 11 coil, and then recheck the same area, and pull out just as many coins with the 5 inch, as I did with the big coil.

I have found that the 5" coil gives depth far greater than what you would expect from a small coil and being a DD, coverage is not really an issue - it forces you to slow down but I am amazed at how much I have pulled out of areas I have worked to death with detectors costing way more and which weigh a bunch more. The 8000 with the 5" coil has been my go-to machine lately.

Andy Sabisch

I agree that the 5"DD coil is a great discriminator in junk areas and has good depth and
with a wide coil swing you can cover plenty of ground with a small 5" coil.

hey bugg,andy and reltolbert i agree with you that small coil is making a believer out of me.Used it again tonight in the same area i found the silver quarter and found a couple wheat pennies a dime and a quarter.I really like that std 10 inch ellipical coil but i can see the benefit of that 5 inch coil the more i use it and going to keep it on for a while longer.Yes it makes you slow down which is a good thing dont you think and i still smile thinking of all the time i haver used the other two coils and the 5 inch found the first silver lol.I know i will find silver with the other coils as well as they have found most of the coins i have found this year.Have a great weekend ..Thanks for sharing your thoughts....Markmac

Got my 5 inch coil today and it doesn't work
I cant even pick up mt truck
Got it from Metaldetectors.com

Its in the mail back to First Texas in el paso

Bummer!!

so far customer service has been good

all iron sorry to hear about your coil hang in there once you get it back you will enjoy it im sure..Markmac