Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Omega 8000 depth

I've had 3 different Omega's over the years and currently have a version 5. The Omega is not known for being a depth monster, but truly is a coin killer and simply loves silver. With careful listening with the 11" coil I've dug dimes down to about 8" and 7" fairly easily. I love its modulated audio, but for deepies, one must really concentrate and listen for those small, faint tic's. Once you get a few hours with the Omega, it is a tough one to put down. Its a pure joy to hunt with. HH jim tn

Like Jim, I also have the version 5 and I pretty much agree with what he says. My preference is the round 8" concentric coil, in ground depth with it has been a pleasant surprise.

The modulation on the 5 and 6 versions is less pronounced than earlier versions, it's less prone to EMI, and is also said to be deeper than the earlier versions.