Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Omega 8000 finds a 4.7 gram zinc cent

jim tn

Took the Omega back to the festival spot this afternoon and decided to remove some of the zinc cent (77) readings. Dimes and quarters have pretty much dried up on the spot.

After popping 8 or 9 zinc cents and a couple of dimes, got another 77 reading about a inch deep and popped up a small gold ring. Its marked 585, which is 14k. Nice little 4.7 gram job. Its the prettiest zinc cent I have dug for a while. Got a 10k class ring a few years ago that was reading in the cent range on my F 75.

I quit posting pictures of my finds a few years ago and no longer carry my camera any more. Not sure I even remember how to post pictures any more, either. Will see maybe. Anyway, it does pay off on occasion to dig those zinc cents. HH Jim Tn

Whether I dig that reading with the Omega more often then not is site and depth dependent. Although this spot really has a strong likelihood of having Civil war items and old coins, its been used for horse events and city festivals for decades and is a trash pit and no telling how much fill has been spread out on it over this time span. While I'll push the envelope a little popping coins with a screw driver, with the cities no digging ban I would not go out there with any kind of a digger or shovel. HH Jim Tn