Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Omega 8000 Observation

Paul (IL)

Just have been observing the Omega 8000's hitting the various classifieds since all the negative chatter about one or two having a problem. Kind of sad to see a good little detector get that much bad publicity.

I don't think a couple negative reviews would scare the masses. Its a fine unit .
Now with the GB out and the G2 coming soon its time to rotate detectors.

If it were bad reviews nobody would buy any brand.:nopity:

OH WELL I GOT A GREAT ONE THAT KEEPS FINDING ME GREAT STUFF

I'm very happy with my very simple yet capable Omega

Don't know where you're seeing all this bad publicity, Paul, but I'm seeing WAY more good than bad.

If you're seeing more of them for sale used it's probably because a lot of new ones have been sold.

I did have a little "snag" with mine, but it was handled quickly and returned in fine working order. I just put in about 35 hunting hours with it recently on a trip and thoroughly enjoyed using it. When used for a little while, it is not an easy detector to set aside and use something else. Some just like to try out something new. That was my intent with the Omega. I, however, am keeping mine. HH jim tn

I've been doing alot of reading on all the forums lately, considering trying something different, after having used a single brand for the last several years. I have to say that there are more GOOD posts than bad on the Omega. The T2 has only been tagged as being too noisy/chattery for some users, but not all. My T2 LTD hasn't arrived yet, but if it works out as well as it has for most....Well, I'm sure the Omega will be in my arsenal too as well. I have to say the favorable posts, and the simplicity of use most users have reported helped me make the decision to purchase the T2 LTD. The fact that FT seems to listen, and do their best to give the users products that work well in both site specific & all around use environments was a BIG PLUS for me. Favorable turn around on most all repair posts was a plus in my book as well. This forum in particular, seems to have the best information on settings used and the usual brand bashing doesn't seem to be an issue on this forum either. All the major Brands have issues at some point or another..... That being said, I think if anyone has had any issues, FT does their best to make sure the customer is happy in the end.

Omega 8000 or Gamma 6000, if you want to have more operator control of the G.C. Phase setting, as well as some added display features, AND if you are mainly "coin shooting" typical sites. I say that because both have a smaller coil which is better for trashy areas, which happens to be where many coins are also located. Also, they will give you a better, more accurate and/or stable TID on mid-range to deeper targets than will the T2/T2 LTD when used just for coin hunting.

Of course, the T2 LTD might suit you well for a lot of hunting, and I know avid relic hunters love it! If you decide to add a model later on simply for some quick-and-simple coin shooting, you might be satisfied with the Delta 4000. It has a default Ground Phase setting, but this unit works extremely well for most day-to-day coin hunting tasks and provides very functional display info.

Monte