Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Omega 8000 price drop

TP63

Kellyco has dropped the price substantially. Maybe the 8500 is coming soon.

With a Kellyco price of $450 for a new Omega 8000 with 11" DD coil (with 5 yr. warranty)----prices for used 8000 units (no warranty) must be going to go in the tank.--------Trying to clear the shelves for the soon to be released 8500 I guess.-------That's a pretty good buy for someone wanting a new Tek Omega 8000.

And only $400 with the 10" coil.

Well now I know why I'm not having any luck selling my Omega.... Sucks for me, good for everyone else, hahaha!

They are really great detectors especially for coin hunters. If I could i'd be keeping mine, but I want a more relic oriented machine and I gotta raise some funds. :tongue:

The Omega (actually the Tek line) uses an expanded Iron scale (i-39) that makes it a great relic detector. Only the F19 has that in the Fisher lineup. The conductivity scale of the G2/F19 might be an advantage to relic hunters though.

The Omega was my first detector and I found a lot of relics and coins with it. I now have an F-19 and an upgraded T2 with DST. I have no plans to get rid of my Omega 8000 unless I trade it in for an Omega 8500. I feel the Omega is underrated as a relic machine.

Dealers haven't been given clearance pricing on Omega 8000 like Kellyco has so I went ahead and got one with $50 off coupon for $355 shipped. Hope washing the car helps you all get your 8500's sooner. I'm content with version 6.

I'm content with my 8000 even though it's a version 4. It's simple and it works. :thumbup:

Agree, my 8000 always produces. I'm the farmers fields I hunt, quiet as a mouse when swinging even with sensitivity set high. With the 11dd I am picking up small targets, buttons, pretty darn deep.
So if you guys can pick up the 8000 at this great price, and are willing to work to the right settings, I know from use, you won't be disappointed.

Not sure which version I have (bought it 2 yrs ago I think maybe a bit longer) but I've rarely been able to use it with the sensitivity past 55, kind of defeats the purpose of having a powerful unit if you can't use the power. I guess it might work better if I was using it way out in the woods but the only places I hunt are school yards and parks.

I can still hit a 6" buried dime and 8" buried quarter at 49 sens with 11"dd coil. but i know what you mean. you probably have version 4.

As far as EMI goes---Is the Tek Omega 8000 version 5 REALLY better than version 4??----and---is the version 6 REALLY better than version 4 (or version 5)??----Seems to be conflicting reports/opinions in this regard (versions & EMI).
detectingMO said:
I can still hit a 6" buried dime and 8" buried quarter at 49 sens with 11"dd coil. but i know what you mean. you probably have version 4.

Mine is version 4 6/13 build and I don't have any problems with emi. I can run my sensitivity at 99 some pops and clicks but nothing that you can't hunt through. Other sites it is totally quiet at 99 sens. Maybe Teknetics put some shielding in later version 4's and didn't update them to version 5's. I don't think anyone really know's. I'd like to try a v-5 or 6 to see if there is a difference but if there is its probably not much. My Omega is doing exactly what I had hoped it would do when I bought it.

digginLa said:
Not sure which version I have (bought it 2 yrs ago I think maybe a bit longer) but I've rarely been able to use it with the sensitivity past 55, kind of defeats the purpose of having a powerful unit if you can't use the power. I guess it might work better if I was using it way out in the woods but the only places I hunt are school yards and parks.

Are you using the 13" Ultimate coil on it exclusively? I ask because mine (Version 5) was much more EMI prone with the 11" Biaxial coil than with the stock concentric. It's even quieter with the 5x10 Elliptical, and nearly EMI proof with the 5" DD. My experience on the Omega has been the bigger the coil, the more EMI buzz. Try a different coil and see if it helps. But with a coil as big as that 13", even at 55 Sens you may be getting the same depth as either stock coil or better.

Hold the pinpoint button down and turn the unit on. The number on the screen is your software version. :thumbup:

The majority of my EMI issues are with the stock coil, its been awhile since I've hunted with the 13" coil on it but if i remember correctly EMI is just a bit better with the larger coil.

ver 5 and 6 are same. ver 6 just has embedded serial boot. They are a little quieter and deeper on quarters. Also disc 16 doesnt mute iron like on 4. Have to disc to 40. Also I've noticed a little iron audio here and there coming through even though disced out. There is definitely a few minor tweaks obvious to users of ver 4 extensively in the past.