Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

omega 8000...Stock or DD coil??

I have decided skip the lower end detectors and opt for the Omega 8000. My only question is stock or DD coil to start? I do not have the $$ to afford a multi coil package. I will be mostly doing coin and relic hunting in parks and fields.

That is a tough call for me, since I feel each has its place. Having said that, considering the type of hunting you will mainly be doing, I would go with the stock 10" concentric. The 11" might be an inch deeper and of course, does separate targets a bit better in heavy trash, and will cover more ground, but it also likes bottle caps, which are usually quite prevalent in most parks. With the 10" it can get much closer to fences, play ground equipment, in and around bushes and for long days afield, in is a nice light weight swing. And, it will surprise you with its target separation. My 2 cents, anyway. You made a good detector choice, i m h o. HH jim tn

jim tn said:
That is a tough call for me, since I feel each has its place. Having said that, considering the type of hunting you will mainly be doing, I would go with the stock 10" concentric. The 11" might be an inch deeper and of course, does separate targets a bit better in heavy trash, and will cover more ground, but it also likes bottle caps, which are usually quite prevalent in most parks. With the 10" it can get much closer to fences, play ground equipment, in and around bushes and for long days afield, in is a nice light weight swing. And, it will surprise you with its target separation. My 2 cents, anyway. You made a good detector choice, i m h o. HH jim tn

Thank you very much.

Yeah got to agree with Jim here on that call. Maybe next you can get the 5" dd and sometimes I see on here in classifides the 11"dd for sale too so can get one at a savings later. Keep checking these classifides for them.

EtracTom-AdirondacksNY said:
Yeah got to agree with Jim here on that call. Maybe next you can get the 5" dd and sometimes I see on here in classifides the 11"dd for sale too so can get one at a savings later. Keep checking these classifides for them.

Thanks Tom.

Big Boys Hobbies said:
Concentric is very good. The 5" dd is first upgrade I would get,

Amen! The 5 inch DD is really deep and does a fantastic job picking the goodies out of the trashy areas.

tabman

I find the O8 can be swept/moved at almost a crawl and or or wiggle and it will seperate just fine with that stock 10" coil or it can be swung/swept at a good clip (4-5 seconds per swing each direction) in a clean area so it's all site dependant. Also the stock coil is a bit less on the emi and can be not as chattery when laid down to dig as it is with the 11" coil on it. Depth may be a bit more like an 1" or 2 deeper on the 11" over the concentric but you will still get great depth as I can run mine at max sensitivity most of the time anyways. Should get smaller penny/dime sized targets down to 8-10" range fairly easily with the concentric stock 10" coil. Look at Jim tn's posts to see results on here that is one of the reasons I bought one to try out depth and lightness for coin hunting. Liked it alot so I decided to get their G2 also from Bart so now I have a few different detectors to choose from to hunt with depending on where, what and how I feel about what I'm hunting for that day. Meaning coins, relics or jewelery or beach or park settings etc.