Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Omega 8000 vs 8500

JAntonS

Hi all. I thought I'd leave this here, since there has been some questions about it.
I compiled this short list of new features the Omega 8500 has.
They are listed in no particular order.

1. Menu driven interface
2. Multi-category target ID in Discrimination mode
3. Mode Quick-Switch button
4. Volume by category
5. Multiple deep settings
6. Non-proportional audio setting d5
7. Backlight
8. Ground Grab offset setting
9. Independent TID system on Disc and A/M
10. Independent Gain and Threshold in A/M mode
11. Improved two-step iron indicator
12. A/M base tone (A1 to A4) carries over to Disc and PP VCO
13. Volume setting affects PP
14. Settings memory
15. Clipped loudness on Overload signal
16. Headphone jack covered
17. Full coil compatibility
18. All categories can be notched

This is the result of hours of development on features that some of you have asked for in the past, in forums or directly to First Texas.
We all hope you will find this particular feature set fitting to your needs and fully enjoyable, while we work hard on the next big thing.

All your comments and honest reviews are always welcome and appreciated.

Thank you, and happy hunting!

J. Anton S.

Thanks I really enjoy it! I think the f75 dst and Omega had a baby with a g2+ surrogate.

All your comments and honest reviews are always welcome and appreciated. Great features, now you just need to get the nickel ID more accurate like on the F19, G2.....;o)

18. All categories can be notched - I could not seem to notch the iron segment out?

basstrackerman said:
no. 17 full coil compatibility.. is that all coils tek uses?
Yes, if you understand it to mean is uses ALL of the 'appropriate' or 'Greek-series' Tek coils. The Teknetics G2 and G2+, like the Fisher Gold Bug Pro and F19, CAN use all of the coils, but are, by design, only to use or function best with the 5", 5X10, and 11" BiAxial Double-D coils.

The new Omega 8500, like the Omega 8000, Gamma, Delta, Alpha and Euro-Tek Pro, can use ALL of the appropriate Greek -series coils, to include the round 8" and 5½X9¾ [size=small](10" elliptical)[/size] Concentric search coils.

It doesn't mean coils for other Teknetics models such as the T2 series.

Monte

I took delivery of my omega 8500 yesterday. I've run it through some paces as I usually do with a new detector. I have owned 3 omegas in the past. I love the platform and they are in my opinion one of the best coin hitters out there. What kills it for me is the EMI problems associated with this machine. I hunt mostly the dry sanded areas here in the Tampa area and the EMI is terrible. I could maybe get up to 40 on the gain with my past experiences with this detector..Sometimes I wouldn't be able to run it at all . I have come to run tesoro's and my AT Pro which seem to run pretty good in this environment. I have tried the F70, F75, and T2 all with EMI problems in this area. The 8500 seems to be a different beast. It has the regular omega feel and is a lot better with the EMI . I can run in the low 70's and can almost hit 80 with the different filters. It hit coins hard. The backlight is a nice feature and the all metal mode is smoother with its own threshold. I like that the machine remembers the last setting when shut off and switching back and forth between disc and AM is pretty cool. All in all I am happy with the 8500. More time will tell. Thanks to Craig at show me treasure for hooking me up

to have some direct input from a factory and/or design engineer. It helps to clarify some information and even clear up some misunderstandings by consumers at times.

I'm finishing up my move that puts me within an hour's drive of several ghost towns where I enjoy picking old keepers from dense iron litter. My 5" DD coil is on a lower rod and waiting . I hope to acquire BOTH a new 8000 V6 and NEW 8500 in the next couple of weeks so I can get some serious hunting time in where dense iron challenges scare away much of the competition.

Keep up the excellent development you folks provide. :thumbup:

Monte

Monte said:
basstrackerman said:
no. 17 full coil compatibility.. is that all coils tek uses?
Yes, if you understand it to mean is uses ALL of the 'appropriate' or 'Greek-series' Tek coils. The Teknetics G2 and G2+, like the Fisher Gold Bug Pro and F19, CAN use all of the coils, but are, by design, only to use or function best with the 5", 5X10, and 11" BiAxial Double-D coils.

The new Omega 8500, like the Omega 8000, Gamma, Delta, Alpha and Euro-Tek Pro, can use ALL of the appropriate Greek -series coils, to include the round 8" and 5½X9¾ [size=small](10" elliptical)[/size] Concentric search coils.

It doesn't mean coils for other Teknetics models such as the T2 series.

Monte

But that is not a new feature. I too would like clarification.

version 6 8000 already felt a little different and more digital vs ver 4. The 8500 default feels a lot like v6 8000. Not exact but familiar enough. I feel with the DD coils it seperates a bit better than v6 even in slower d2 and d3 modes. D0 fast mode is very very fast. All modes make the 5" perform better now imo.

Hi again, how are you?

Thank you DetectingMO, I hope you are liking it.

Bill, that is correct. You can't notch iron. You can only discriminate it out. I should have said "18. You can now notch silver categories". That would have been more accurate.

Basstrackerman, I meant to say the 8500 is fully compatible with all the Teknetics coils that feature a locking ring connector, except those of the T2.

Monte, you beat me to that last answer .... and thank you for your comments.

DetectingMO, you are correct. Coil compatibility is not a new feature, but since it came out in emails, I thought I would throw it in there. I am sorry for the confusion it may have generated.

Have a great weekend!

J. Anton S.

thanks for all the hard work Anton, I really like what you and the FT team have done.....

I would change "This is the result of hours of development on features" to, This is the result of "months" of development on features....

lots of work (with actual releases) of the low end and mid-range lines....really hoping for a new high-end product (revolutionary not evolutionary), ie digital multi-freq CZ possibly (hint hint, wink wink)

cheers...

From my LRP manual:

Congratulations on the purchase of your new Bounty Hunter®Land Ranger™Pro
Metal Detector. The Land Ranger Pro
is the result of nine years of software
engineering and features the latest advancements in lightweight design, target
accuracy and deep-penetrating detection technology.

The F44 manual says basically the same thing.