Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Omega 8000

CladDog

Even after ground balancing on clean ground, I would not that my Omega would constantly dip into the three bar range on the ground error screen. And it would stay they there. I got frustrated trying to constantly re-ground balance.

Has any noticed if EMI or running the senstivity higher aggravates the ground balance error screen?

No not EMI. I don't re-ground balance it a case like this, what I do is if the error moves a few bars and tends to hang there then I just manually bump it up or down wit the buttons, in your case up and keep on hunting. The graft will always move up and down so your looking at an average for it to bounce above and below center.

That graft also response to metal targets,
Pipe,
Wire,
Rusty metal,
So unless your in perfect soil don't expect the graft to stay at center for very long.
And remember, you can't chase the ground error graft with the ground balance, a couple of bars floating up and down is normal.

Mark

Once Ground Balanced the error bars will show up when swinging ...just pump the coil up and down and they will disappear...you don`t have to adjust any thing .
Gary

Well I'm thinking that is the ground error is tracking correctly and the bars drop or are averaging LOW then maybe the ground mineralization is changing enough to change the reading, when that happens you have a couple of options,
If its not to far off just keep hunting and see if it goes back the other way.
Re-balance the detector,
Manually adjust to compensate for the variances, that is what the up/down touch pads are for.

Mark

n/t