Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Omega 8500 scores 2 tokens from an old logging town.

Jackpine Savage

No silver or old coins today but I'm very happy with these 2 tokens from the towns boarding house. Found them a few feet apart in the woods behind the cellar holes.
Not trashy back in the woods so I was tryiing out the Mars 10x13 Tiger coil. Seems to be a good coil for more open areas. Hit a buried 8" dime in all modes. D0 mode was fainter but still a dig me signal. D5 did give a louder hit of course.

http://postimg.org/image/fka4mw2wt/

Nice, fun finds, Tom. The depth of the 8500 has surprised me, I must state and I have been using the smaller 5" dd quite a bit. Good hunt! HH jim tn

Thanks Jim

At present I only have the 11" DD and Tiger coils. Just made a deal in the classifieds for a Nel Snake to use as my trash hunter. D0 mode with the small coil should be killer in iron trash. Not many choices these days for lower freq "coin" machines as the 14-19Khz relic machines have taken over. Wish I still had the ID Edge with the small coil. It was one of the best iron pickers I have used for coins and a great upgrade from the classic 1236x2.

Tom

My 75 does very well in the trash, but the 8500 is good as well. I had a Sharpshooter on one of my 8000's but I liked the 5" better. The Sharpshooter was a bit deeper, however. The Omega and 5" coil is like swinging a small willow branch. LOL Good luck! HH jim tn

I agree. Unfortunately this area was settled relatively late so not a lot out there. I did have the good luck to find two Civil War store card tokens. Now that is a "better" token.

Yup, that's where they came from. The fields where the houses stood are full of holes from bottle diggers and its been hunted hard. I found a lost pinpointer the day I got the tokens.

Tom

Was poking around and came across your Tokens, very nice finds. Tokens are one of my favorites to find.

Hi Jackpine. Nice token finds. Which machine do you think is your best old penny finder right now?

Right now it's a tossup between the G2 and Racer. The G2 is lighter and a bit better balance however, the Racer is not far off the mark in that regard. Tones on the Racer are pleasant to listen to.. The iron audio volume feature is nice and you would have to go to the G2+ to get that. Target ID is more accurate on the G2 in iron co-locate scenarios. The numbers my only vary from like 77-81, while the R2 may jump from low 70's to mid 80's on the same target.

With either one you have to downsize to the 5x10 sized coils for better unmasking in iron.

Tom

Jackpine, (or do you prefer Tom?), aren't the G2 and the 8500 pretty close to being the same machines? Sorry if that's a stupid question. I don't know if they run on diff frequencies or what the main differences are.
Clem

Nevermind that last question Tom. I did the research on the two detectors and found the differences. Thanks for all your other input. HH
Clem

Nice finds,Hunted Deward back in the early 80s with a Whites 6000GEB and a Garrett ADS deep seeker, plan on hitting it again one day with my Tesoro's, We owned the land at Cameron bridge road for quite a few years their is a really nice log home on the property now.

twotap said:
Nice finds,Hunted Deward back in the early 80s with a Whites 6000GEB and a Garrett ADS deep seeker, plan on hitting it again one day with my Tesoro's, We owned the land at Cameron bridge road for quite a few years their is a really nice log home on the property now.

Thanks for the reply twotap!

Good to hear from someone that had hunted it in earlier times. I've seen a few pictures when the houses and stores were standing. Coin wise, I have not found much in the few times I have hunted it.

Tom