Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Omega and family new Coils

poorman

Talked to Jesus(Hasues) at F/T today...He said F/T is going to start serious production of the new 11"DD and 5"DD coil for the Omega and Family of Detectors next Monday. Said they should be for sale to dealers by Friday.

Back on Monday emerged the first report on Omega 8000 with DD 11-inch accessory coil which was reviewed by Mr. Mark Ellington:

The new 11" biaxial DD coil for the Omega flat-out kicks butt! I've never seen an accessory coil totally change the "personality" of a metal detector as much as this coil does with the Omega... The Omega is excellent with the stock coil...it is AWESOME with the DD! (In my humble opinion). I'm not even gonna risk talking about depth on silver coins...(someone might call me a name and hurt my feelings! :) )

HH'n

Yep , they might !.."Smart, being one of them". If the Omega units are like the F75, and T2..and, I am pretty sure from reading the post they are, depth is
not a problem. The 11" DD coil is an awesome coil that works perfectly for depth, and, I might add separation.

Myself being maybe the #1 fan of T2/F75 detectors would be very interested in you saying what the combination of O/8 and 11" DD coil produced for you.

It's my humble opinion that Teknetics, and Fisher F series detectors, give one a big advantage in the Detecting field. (With light weight,comfortable detectors) that produce exceptional depth.
I am also thinking F/T engineers maxed out the O/8 with the standard coil, "and" the 11" DD takes it to a new level of depth, that, just possibly exceeds their expectations. I also know their expectations are " high" when their machines are completed.

poorman said:
Talked to Jesus(Hasues) at F/T today...He said F/T is going to start serious production of the new 11"DD and 5"DD coil for the Omega and Family of Detectors next Monday. Said they should be for sale to dealers by Friday.

Hello to all from me in the UK,
I am patiently waiting for my new Omega to be delivered next Monday.
It'll probably be ages before our UK dealers can offer the 11"DD accessory coil.
Can anyone here recommend a dealer for me to purchase the new coil from, in the USA.
I'm not familiar with any of your detecting retailers and would be very grateful for a pointer in the right direction.
I'll either have the dealer ship it direct or ask my Uncle (who is USA resident) to acquire one for me.

I have also been searching fruitlessly, high and low, for a pdf version of the Operator Instruction manual.
Has any one seen it anywhere.

Many Thanks, in anticipation.

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll email you a copy of the manual on Monday.
HH

Mike

Thanks for the report Mark.I went to your site and read the full report. It made me even happier that I chose the Omega as my next step up in detectors.

Now I just wished I could go out and use it instead of looking at it and reading about it. I got to use it about 4 times before being layed up again. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I can use it again and learn from use rather than reading.

How the heck am I going to sell my wife on a new coil when she thinks I am already crazy for buying another detector?

blacktoe

Yep...those Engineers at First Texas are busy fellers! Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall during one of their brain storming sessions? (unless what they're brainstorming is a better fly swatter!)

of the Tek line, & the better buy especially in iron because it comes stock with the DD coil, & is built alot stronger (look at the arm cup for openers). The T2 is the one I use in iron, & the one I have recommended to several people who don't have $1200. to spend on bells & whistles that never get used......

Bill I am sure you are right and you have the experience to back your statement. You are one of the people on my short list I wish I could meet and detect with to learn more.

The Omega is $600 with the football coil, adding the DD will cost another $160 or so. It is only about $30 saving from getting the T2. I wish I could have afforded the T2. One reason I was interested in the Omega is because I am primarily a coinshooter and the lower frequency should help in that respect. It seems from the reports coming it might be true. I got a good deal on my Omega thanks to Richard@backwoodsdetectors and jumped on it. With my Omega after getting the DD I will have about $675 in it. I will have a decent detector with 2 coils that should fit my coinshooting needs. If I relic hunt I feel like the Omega will be decent at that tho nowhere in the class of the T2 with its higher frequency. I never expected the Omega to be a T2 killer.

I wish to thank you for all times you have unselfishly helped other people. You are one of my detecting heroes.

blacktoe