Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Omega Frequency Shift Numbers

redmule

In my owner's manual it states I can change the frequencies to three different settings. Default=1st alternate freq=2nd alternate freq. Does any one know what the numbers are for the frequency shift. The omega 8000 is listed as having 7.8 operating frequency. Thank You

redmule said:
In my owner's manual it states I can change the frequencies to three different settings. Default=1st alternate freq=2nd alternate freq. Does any one know what the numbers are for the frequency shift. The omega 8000 is listed as having 7.8 operating frequency. Thank You
I don't know what the numbers are but I'm pretty certain it stays in the 7khz range, they shift is just a little bit, if it made it to 8khz I would be surprised.
In electronics and speaking of a selectable shift in the frequency its not like changing channels, its most often just a shift in some fraction of the khz's its rated at.

Mark

i believe you are right, Mark. Its been posted here I think, and not that long ago, again, I think and as I recall, very minor number shifts. Nothing like down to 6 or up to 8. HH jim tn

Probably similar increments as other models so ~7.8, ~7.9, ~8.0 or even a little tighter. Along side a delta I had to shift all the way to f3 to not interfer.

The Frequency Selection Default is 7.8 1st alternate 7.9 2nd alternate 7.10. Called Teknetics and spoke with Daniel and these are the numbers that he gave me.

The "7.10" is definitely wrong. I'm guessing Daniel was thinking "point 8, point 9,......point 10" and of course the next number ain't ten, it's zero with an 8 in front of it.

I don't know the exact numbers off the top of my head, but approx. 7.8 kHz is the default and the others are shifts of a few tens (possibly as much as a hundred) Hz. To a customer the numbers don't matter anyhow, they just are what they are.

--Dave J.

I'm told that the Teknetics Omega 8000 uses the same circuit board as the Fisher F5. If the settings in the Omega 8000 are the same as the F5... these are the frequencies that I found listed in the Fisher F5 Operator Manual:

Operating Frequency: nominal 7.8 kHz,
microprocessor controlled 7731.9Hz, 7810Hz, 7888.1Hz

I suspect these frequencies are the default (7.8 kHz) and the three alternate frequencies (7731.9Hz, 7810Hz, 7888.1Hz).

-NEBeachcomber