Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OMEGA GOLD QUESTIONS

doberman

I'm sure you folks are find some gold with the 0-8's. What kind of VDI numbers are you seeing with gold. Are gold items hitting and staying at or close to the same VDI numbers? I'm digging a lot of pulltabs that would hit in the gold range (I understand gold can hit in a wide range of numbers). Pulltabs VDI numbers jump all over the place - my question is does gold hit and the numbers stay fairly close to where they hit or are they jumping a lot like pulltabs do?

My one gold ring that I found rang up as a nickle. It was pretty solid on the sound. I wish I found more to compare it to but I didn't.

Sorry I couldn't help more with your question.

My Bounty Hunter Platinum metal detector is the same as the Teknetics Omega 8000 according to the spokesman
with 1st Texas and I have found .01(.3 grams) of gold flakes with my Platinum which uses Teknetics coils.

Do you have any chatter in all metal mode when you adjust the threshold to say +2 or more, since the threshold is on same control as sensitivity, and that would be maxed out? Most gold is found in high mineral soils which normally causes havoc with too much gain.

HH
Tim

I will say hat the Omega is very capable when it is used for nugget hunting. perhaps not as 'hot' as a specific models operating at a higher frequency, but decent nonetheless.

I guess the there might be some basic platform function similarities between a couple of the Teknetics models and the BH Platinum, but there are significant differences between the Platinum and the Omega 8000, especially for the small difference in suggested retail price. I think the Omega has an 'edge' for nugget hunting over the Platinum because while they both offer a Ground Grab function, they suggest different steps to achieve the ground balance. Additionally, the Omega 8000 has a Ground Error graph and an Fe[sub]3[/sub] O[sub]4[/sub] bar graph to alert you to ground conditions and changes, plus the Omega 8000 has the manual ability to increase or decrease the GB setting and "'fine tune" it for the conditions at hand.

Combine this with the fact that the Platinum's All Metal mode is a static operation and the Omega'8000 features an Auto-Tune All Metal mode and most would agree that there are significant differences between the two models.

In then end, however, your results do demonstrate the fact that the First Texas products in that 7.8 kHz range are capable of finding raw gold. You didn't mention if you were using the stock 8" or one of the accessory coils. Care to fill us in?

Happy Hunting,

Monte

The Spokesman at First Texas told me my BH Platinum detector is the same as the Teknetics Omega 8000 with some differences
and only Teknetics coils will be used on the Platinum.
I can detect (Platinum) a .01 ounce (.3 gram) ounce of gold flake up to 4" deep all-metal and 3" deep on discrimination if the ground
is not heavy mineralized.

My results were with the standard 8" coil. Also, with my BH Platinum, I can detect a Nickel (discrimination) at10" and 13"(all-metal mode) and a 1/2 dollar at 11"(discrimination mode) and 15" (all-metal).
I am waiting for delivery on a Teknetics 5"DD coil for my Platinum and will compare it to my 8" coil for gold detection. I love my standard 8" coil. Very sensitive coil.

a basic platform, but there are significant differences between them to set the two apart.

I another post I made noting the differences between them, I commented that I prefer the 10"" elliptical DD coil over the 8". I do, but mainly because I can work it in and around metal playground structures better, but I will say that having used the 8" I think it performs just fine. I usually prefer to just go to the 5" coil when I want to work close to metal obstacles and fences, but a friend of mine prefers the 8" coil size on several makes he has.

I think you're going o like the 5" DD coil for very trashy sites. I know I do!

Monte