Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Omega hits school yard

sws33

Pulled 43 coins out of the school yard today for a total of $6.54. Thought I had another silver ring but it was not to be. Just a chrome plated ring. GB at 70, sens at 85, iron notched out and disc at 16. Thought I had a nice silver quarter but after cleaning it I missed it by one year. This is the third time I've been to this school yard and every time I'm there I get 5 to 10 bucks out of it. Really enjoying the ease of use on this Omega, and the depth isn't bad either. The deepest find today was a dime at 7".

The Omega does provide decent depth and versatile performance.

Thanks for including your settings. I note that you notched out Iron (which would be rejecting objects below a VDI or '40' so the Disc. setting of '16' was kind of not needed. I personally never notch out any segment, preferring to only Discriminate the most annoying targets at a site. Generally those are Iron nails and I seldom run a Disc. setting higher than that. Most sites I hunt, nails are knocked out with a Disc. setting of 16/17 or possibly 18 with my Omega.

It sounds like that school is productive enough to keep scrounging up change, to be sure.

Monte

Oh yeah, this school has lots to give yet. I have noticed signs that another detectorist has been there but after 3 trips there I have only covered 1/10 of the field. Keep hoping for that elusive silver, but I know it has to be there. I've pulled 3 or 4 wheat cents out and a couple of other coins that were 1965. I did pull out a nice .925 silver ring but am still looking for the silver coins. I've got lots of field to cover yet and then another 15 or so schools to hit after I cover this one. I wish I was retired then i'd be out all day every day hitting them all, ofcourse my wife might have somthing to say about that.