Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Omega hits the local park

sws33

Got out early this am and hit the local park here in Huntington Beach CA. Pulled out
10 pennies, one being a 1951s wheat
8 nickels
35 dimes
10 quarters
also found this giant penny looking thing that says "Republican Presidential Task Force" on one side and "Medal of Merit" on the other side with "Ronald Reagan founder" as well. This is larger than a silver dollar. I ran the Omega with different settings as I'm still learning it. Ground bal was right around 70 sens wide open at 99 disc at 16 and also ran with the iron notched for a while.

you had a more successful day than I did here in Oregon a week ago. We all have good days and bad days I guess.

Thanks for the info on the settings used. That's one of the things I enjoy reading in various posts.

Best of success on your next foray afield.

Monte

Had another decent day at the same park today. another 63 coins for a total of around 7 bucks. Hey Monte, this is Scott, that you sold the Omega to. I'm loving it. Had the 5" coil on today and found more pennies with it than the 9" concentric. The 9" coil is a dime magnet and so far I think I'm doing better with it. Going to save the 5" for the really tight spots and trashy areas.

sws33 said:
Hey Monte, this is Scott, that you sold the Omega to. I'm loving it.
Yes, I knew that was you. I also figured you'd enjoy the Omega. I still feel that, dollar-for-dollar, it is the best model in the Teknetics line, providing ample visual display info, more control adjustment than most think, and better yet, the field performance is really decent!

sws33 said:
Had another decent day at the same park today. another 63 coins for a total of around 7 bucks. Had the 5" coil on today and found more pennies with it than the 9" concentric.
I can assure you the penny attraction isn't simply due to the search coil mounted, but he location and, simply, just what happens to be there. Sixty-three coins isn't a bad take these days, either.

I like the 5

I did. Got another today at a school near by. I hit both Saturday and Sunday and got around 110 coins for a total of $13.24 and one nice silver ring