Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Omega With a DD Coil

Cache Man

We all here all the good things about the omega NOW someone tell all the BAD things about the Omega All detectors have bad points, Now lets here all the bad.I want to here all before I buy one, HH:detecting:

Not much bad to report. Sometimes when I get a good coin signal at 6" plus inches it will often turn out to be foil at 2" or 3". Other times when it says the coin is 5" to 9" inches deep it will be 2" to 3" inches shallower.

Here's something I'm not that "wild" about on the Omega.-----When you set it down to dig a target it "chatters" (especially at higher sensitivity settings).---Even when you flatten the coil on the ground it doesn't remedy the situation (as doing that does with some detectors).----When you're hunting (swinging), there is no chatter.-----I hear this is characteristic of the Fisher F-5 also.----Not a huge problem but it CAN get irritating.-------Del

I get the chatter too but it's relatively easy to turn down the sensitivity while I'm digging if it gets too annoying.

i concur!..don't forget the "backlight" though!..ya really need this !..right?..i have hunted over thirty years without one!
try to go out when there is light!..he!.he!.he!..to clarify!..why pay a lot more dough for features you will not really need to
make great finds?..my view!

(h.h!)
j.t.