Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Omega

Cache Man

Some of you Omega owners are reporting that your Omega sound is weak even with the sens and gain turned up all the way I think I may have found your problem, I have been testing all my different headphones, I have a pair of audiophones 2 I have never used and I can't hear much of anything they are so weak, calrads louder but not very good, garrett headphones the same quality, now the reason my Omega is loud I use the ear buds that came with my ipod touch, now I am a little hard of hearing and these are great I have been using these since day one, I have a set of sun ray pro golds I use on my f-70 they are pretty good on the Omega but not as good sounding as the ipod ear buds, I hope this helps. HH:detecting:

I was using some questionable, "free" headphones with mine, and sound and loudness were definately lacking, I now use Black widows and ipod earbuds and the sound and volume is great. Just a word of warning if you aren't hard of hearing, be careful with earbuds. Test them loosely in your ear first to see how the volume works for you. I rang up a shallow quarter and thought i blew my eardrums, lol

I use 170 ohm headphones in cool weather and lightweight 32 ohm headphones in summer. I tried earbuds and they were almost too loud and I am hard of hearing. I would have to have a volume control on the buds.

blacktoe

hey black toe!.i have a black toe too!
i got a "sugar" problem!..i think i need to cut it off!

(h.h!)
j.t.

Uniprobe hadphones work great on all my stuff and the 8000

My favorites are Rattlers by DetectorPro. I also have a set of wireless headphones that I like to use. Cheap for 22 bucks but they work great on any machine I have used them on. A little awkward to attach the transmitter to the Omega 8000 which is why I usually use the Rattlers with it. Quicker and easier and they do work. I like having one ear free so I can hear whats going on around me.

If you have a pair of the Bose headphones,give them a try because they are light weight
and they sound great on the Omega or any other detector. Gary

Ya know..I hadnt thought about the Bose headphones, but you are right, they should work great. Going to have to get me a set. Wanted to get some anyway, so now I have a good excuse. <laugh>

A new pair of the Bose headphones are kind of expensive to buy.I got mine at a Bose outlet store for
$139.00 they are refurbished but they look and work like a new pair and are a lot less money.I was in
a Target store last week and they have them for $139.00 too.I can use them on my Omega,Minelabs
and F75 without having to flip any switches.You have to get an adapter to use it on the bigger headphone
jacks but they sound great. Gary