Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

On Internet with Video

sjohn61

The ring belonging to 21-year-old Lina Gonzalez went missing a year ago in Fiesta Island during a bonfire. The ring had Lina's name, the year 2011 and the initials "MC" engraved. On the inside, there was an inscription that read "u go girl."

"I use it as a symbol I guess you could say ... it is like my achievement and reward for everything I did in high school," said Gonzalez.

The ring remained missing until it was discovered on Wednesday morning by Fox 5's Jason Handman during the live show.

Handman posted a photo and a description of the ring on the Fox 5 Facebook page.

Gonzalez saw the Facebook post sometime Wednesday afternoon and called the Fox 5 newsroom to get reunited with her ring.

"It feels great, I am mind blown. I saw it on Facebook and I didn't even think twice ... I said 'that's my ring right there,'" said Gonzalez.

Paul Dragos of the San Diego Coin Shooters spends a lot of his free time digging for lost treasures on the San Diego beaches. He was with Handman on the morning news demonstrating how to "look for treasures."

"This probably meant a lot to this young lady and when you can find something and return it, it's just as valuable as finding an expensive piece of jewelry," said Dragos. "You never know what you are going to find and I got a good signal ... sometimes you find lots of nails and bottle caps but if you've been doing this a while, you know when it's a good find."

Dragos said good finds are typically best found after a storm or a big wave, especially like the ones San Diego just had.

"The wave action, the high tides ... there are rings and things that we think have been out there for maybe 50 to 100 years that you will find this high up the beach," said Dragos.