Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

???? on the coil cover on DFX stock 9.5

jimmy jam

I do only beach hunting, and knee deep water, i notice that when i go into the water my coil floats at first then gets heavier. Come to find out, that the coil cover has a air pocket or gap around the inside edge between the coil and cover. So when i do get out of the water i have to drain the water out because you can fell the weight difference. Problem is, it also holds sand not the light sand, but the dark heavy sand,(black sand) because the light sand washes out in the water, but the black sand stays, similar to a using a gold pan. My question is, does anyone else use the coil without the cover, or has anyone who hunts beaches have the same problem? and i would think that the black sand in the cover would cause a little G.E.B problem?:shrug:

use a cover without exception. (Lots of folks don't and you really don't have to if your on grass all the time.) My reason for using them is they keep the coils new on the bottom for resale time. If was doing beach or a lot of prospecting.....covers for sure.
d
All my coils are sealed with black butyl caulk. Mask outside of coil, use pushing motion to caulk rather than pulling, wipe with paint thinner to detail your work. Black sand is a hassle! (My i key is not working well....Oh Oh...speaking of hassles!)