Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

On the Omega 8000

prodrigsr

The ground error graphic, what and how do you handle it. I GB and when I swing the coil the ground error comes up with the arrows up or down. How often do I adjust the GB??

Metal objects of any kind will change the ground error.
So you watch for an average, jumps up and down are fine but it should return to center. If your seeing a constant high or low reading then you should adjust the GB.

Mark

It is normal for the ground error graphic to jump around a little while sweeping the coil. In order to get a true ground error reading you need to bob the coil up and down just like you do when ground balancing. The next time you are out detecting and you notice the ground error graphic
jumping around, stop and bob the coil up and down without pressing the ground grab button and watch the ground error graphic display. In most cases you will see the ground error return to normal indicating that the machine is still correctly ground balanced. If you notice a ground error while bobbing the coil up and down simply re-ground balance using the ground grab button and continue. When I first got my Omega I was also a little confused as well. Hope this helps.

Leo

Any time the ground composition/grass changes or the machine become erratic. Good measure is do it every 30 mins or so.

The ground error reading is pretty much a constant on my Omega. Rarely after ground grabbing does it disappear. I just ground grab whenever the machine starts making noise and try not to pay too much attention to the error reading unless the machine becomes erratic.