Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

On the question of cz values....

robo

How about this one. A unused, last production run of a cz5. I have one and was wondering if the value goes up, or goes down as the years go by.

Condition tuning and what the market is.....remember only need one buyer and depends on what he will pay....remember CZ5 came out in 93 and how do you prove its last run. Certainly age counts as one being sold could be 20 plus years old..I think they are bringing less bucks myself unless you have a super nice one....

Dan-PA,

You are right. When I am looking for something in the CZ area, I find prices are all over the board. I saw a CZ21 with the 10" coil on Craigslist, I think Detroit, and was under $500.00. The good deals are always going on when funds are at their lowest. I had a great 1265X refurbished by fisher last year, and could not get close to the price it was worth. I have looked lately and can't find one close to what I want to pay.

robo said:
How about this one. A unused, last production run of a cz5. I have one and was wondering if the value goes up, or goes down as the years go by.

The other guys are right. It's hard to say. Prices are all over the place. This is common for things considered 'collectible'.
I'll tell you what I was told by a collector many years ago, and it's still true today;

Regardless of what a similar item may have sold for recently, regardless of how much you think it SHOULD be worth, regardless of what your friends say, or how much you've invested in it financially/emotionally,
"Anything is worth exactly what someone will give you for it TODAY." Not a penny more. Not a penny less.

:)
hh
mike