Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

On the way to BurkinaFaso in Africa ! Needs your expert advises

arthas

Hi everybody,
I'm from France and I prepare myself to go to the Burkina Faso. I've already finished all government procedure to be able to begin my hunt party.
I've found your products on the Internet and I'm interested by the ATX model. First of all I want to know if this is the good one for my destination ? (I think the answer is YES :) )
We'll be two to use it, between 5 and 7H per day. My second question is about the deep. To how many meters, the ATX is able to detect gold. I know that depend of the size of the nugget, it's just to have an idea of the max deep capability.
BTW, I will check on your forum if there are other information that could be useful for my trip.

Thanks in advance

Hi..

Using the ATX 5-7 hours a day would not be a problem with fully charged batteries ... Always keep an extra set of batteries with you.

Your right ... Depth the ATX will sound on nuggets depends on the size of the nugget.

You can go on Youtube and search "Garrett ATX Depth Test" and find many videos showing Gold Nugget Depth Tests with different size nuggets.

I hope that helps.

Thanks for yours answers ! Idon't know why I didn't think to do my search on youtube.
So I've seen that with the deepseeker search coil, we can go to 24" under the ground for a 5,4oz nugget easily. But nobody was able to test with huge nuggets ... ahah :) But I'll be entirely satisfied if I'm able to find some ones like on the video :D

Arthas,

You might want to contact Chris Ralph. He is a geologist and prospector and has been there a couple of times recently.

Details on how to contact him are at.

http://nevada-outback-gems.com/General_info/Media_Contact.htm

Hi Rick and thanks for your message. I've sent him an email just now. I'm suprised to discover our earth has still adventurer :)