Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

One beautiful lady.

Howdy fellows,

Haven't been out for quite sometime and haven't been on the forum as my old computer finally bit the dust. Got a new computer and up and running again. Since I haven't been online for quite awhile I just wanted to congratulate everyone for all their finds.:clapping:

Another reason I haven't been out detecting is that my detecting buddy Lee was having his left hip replaced and I really like going out with him as it's much more fun being with a good friend. He has been doing very well and said it's really great not having so much pain like he had in the past. He isn't one who just sat on his butt and started exercising and walking right off the bat and his doctor was amazed at how well he is doing. OK.................. Enough about that. Lee and I went out last Friday and hit a well pounded park again hoping to find some silver that was missed by everyone else including us. We were working this one hillside and about forty feet apart and came upon a homeless guy lying on the grass getting some sun. I worked around him and Lee took the low side working the grass area next to one of the paths and got a really good signal. He dug his plug and tried his best to get my attention by throwing rocks and etc at me. I finally looked at him and I could see the look on his face that he had uncovered a good one. I walked over to him and he pointed in his hole and he said I think it's a WLH. I picked it up and said, nope it's a Barber half. He was shaking like a leaf and said, well I can't repeat what he said, but this was the first Barber half that he has ever found and words can't explain how excited he was. It turned out to be key date 1902 s and this lady was in beautiful condition. He dropped me off on the way home and we cleaned it with just mild soap and water and as you can see it hardly has any wear at all. Lee thinks it could be AU 50 and his red book listed it at about $450.:surprised: This is the second time I have been with him when he has found coins worth some big bucks. His other coin was a 1901 s Barber quarter that is worth well over $5,000 now. My hat goes off to Lee and I couldn't be happier for him and just glad that I was there to share in his great find. One which he will remember for a very long time. My only regret was that it wasn't me who found it. Thanks for looking and HH to everyone.

Eddie

n/t

You guys on the west coast are lucky to find a lot of S mint coins. Most of the key dates are S mint. A very nice coin and congrats to your friend.

The homeless guy was resting a few yards from a wonderful valuable coin? Man! Great post!
Mud

n/t