Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

One button on old farm hour hunt with 800 and a baby in a pouch.

Joedaddy276

Do any of y'all know anything about age of this flatty? Says gold in one spot of course I know it's not gold.anyway had about a hour and my 10 month old daughter strapped on me her mommas at work,hit a 24 sounded small thought it was a coin for sure and you can tell 24 cans from coins,buttons at that depth pretty easy Imo.happy hunting btw it's a 1800s farm

Do you think it's old?

Joe,

Actually, is that a "flat button?" From your picture, it looks like a two-piece...

The "gold" lettering likely indicates it was gold-gilded, and it looks 1800s to me...

Also, hunting with your 10-month old, in a carrier on your back?! NICE!! :) I can recall being outside doing yard work, etc., with my infant daughter strapped to me...but that was 16 years ago...MY how time flies! Enjoy your little girl -- as much time with her as you can spend!

Steve

Man she is amazing.it does look 2 piece but its flat for sure.im thinking of getting a wagon to pull her around cause the pouch I have doesn't go on my back and it gets tuff quick.thanks for the replies fellas

Like its flat but 2 piece is what I meant idk much about buttons except its not a cw button

That's good news as I've hunted this site a lot with at line and not really found anything old only two wheats and a large hoe end.the place has been there since the end of 1700s and I know there has to be something good come up eventually till then I'll keep swinging and diggin.thanks jesseray

See if you can read the backmark - sometimes you can only make out a few letters. You can narrow down the date by knowing and researching the manufacturer's name. Good luck and I hope many good finds come from there!
- Gary